List of famous male pianists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male pianists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being pianists. Piano fans will also enjoy these bizarre Mozart facts and the most underrated Stevie Wonder songs. There are thousand of males working as pianists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic pianists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a pianist then the people below should give you inspiration.
Ludwig van Beethoven and Frédéric Chopin are included on this list of popular male piano players along with famous singers who play piano, like Elton John, Billy Joel, and Ray Charles. White, black, old, young, gay, modern - this list has them all!While this isn't a list of all male pianists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male pianists?" and "Who are the best male pianists?"
- Nicholas Jerry Jonas (born September 16, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter and actor. Jonas began acting in theater at the age of seven, and released his debut single in 2002 which caught the attention of Columbia Records where Jonas formed a band with his older brothers, Joe and Kevin, known as the Jonas Brothers. The group released their debut studio album It's About Time through the Columbia label in 2006. After leaving Columbia Records and signing with Hollywood Records, the group released their self-titled second studio album in 2007, which became their breakthrough record. The band became prominent figures on the Disney Channel during this time, gaining a large following through... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainWolfgang Amadeus Mozart (27 January 1756 – 5 December 1791), baptised as Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart, was a prolific and influential composer of the classical era. Born in Salzburg, Mozart showed prodigious ability from his earliest childhood. Already competent on keyboard and violin, he composed from the age of five and performed before European royalty. At 17, Mozart was engaged as a musician at the Salzburg court but grew restless and travelled in search of a better position. While visiting Vienna in 1781, he was dismissed from his Salzburg position. He chose to stay in the capital, where he achieved fame but little financial security. During his final years in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 35 (1756-1791)
- Birthplace: Salzburg, Austria
- Photo: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas / FlickrStevland Hardaway Morris (born May 13, 1950), better known by his stage name Stevie Wonder, is an American singer, songwriter, musician and record producer. A prominent figure in popular music, he is one of the most successful musicians of the 20th century. Wonder's "classic period", between 1972 and 1977, is noted for his funky keyboard style, personal control of production, and series of songs integrated with one another to make a concept album.Blind since shortly after his birth, Wonder was a child prodigy known as Little Stevie Wonder leading him to sign with Motown's Tamla label at the age of 11. In 1963, the single "Fingertips" was a No. 1 hit on the US Billboard Hot 100 when Wonder... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Saginaw, Michigan, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainLudwig van Beethoven ( (listen); German: [ˈluːtvɪç fan ˈbeːthoːfn̩] (listen); baptised 17 December 1770 – 26 March 1827) was a German composer and pianist. A crucial figure in the transition between the classical and romantic eras in classical music, he remains one of the most recognized and influential musicians of this period, and is considered to be one of the greatest composers of all time. Beethoven was born in Bonn, the capital of the Electorate of Cologne, and part of the Holy Roman Empire. He displayed his musical talents at an early age and was vigorously taught by his father Johann van Beethoven, and was later taught by composer and conductor Christian Gottlob Neefe. At age 21, he... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 57 (1770-1827)
- Birthplace: Bonn, Germany