List of famous male pianists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male pianists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being pianists. Piano fans will also enjoy these bizarre Mozart facts and the most underrated Stevie Wonder songs. There are thousand of males working as pianists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic pianists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a pianist then the people below should give you inspiration.
Ludwig van Beethoven and Frédéric Chopin are included on this list of popular male piano players along with famous singers who play piano, like Elton John, Billy Joel, and Ray Charles. White, black, old, young, gay, modern - this list has them all!While this isn't a list of all male pianists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male pianists?" and "Who are the best male pianists?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJohann Sebastian Bach (31 March [O.S. 21 March] 1685 – 28 July 1750) was a German composer and musician of the Baroque period. He is known for instrumental compositions such as the Art of Fugue, the Brandenburg Concertos, and the Goldberg Variations, and for vocal music such as the St Matthew Passion and the Mass in B minor. Since the 19th-century Bach Revival he has been generally regarded as one of the greatest composers of the Western art musical canon.The Bach family already counted several composers when Johann Sebastian was born as the last child of a city musician in Eisenach. After being orphaned at age 10, he lived for five years with his eldest brother Johann Christoph Bach, after... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 65 (1685-1750)
- Birthplace: Eisenach, Germany
- Władziu Valentino Liberace (May 16, 1919 – February 4, 1987) was an American pianist, singer and actor. A child prodigy born in Wisconsin to parents of Italian and Polish origin, Liberace enjoyed a career spanning four decades of concerts, recordings, television, motion pictures, and endorsements. At the height of his fame, from the 1950s to the 1970s, Liberace was the highest-paid entertainer in the world, with established concert residencies in Las Vegas, and an international touring schedule. Liberace embraced a lifestyle of flamboyant excess both on and off stage, acquiring the nickname "Mr. Showmanship".... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1919-1987)
- Birthplace: West Allis, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara; 5 September 1946 – 24 November 1991) was a British singer, songwriter, record producer, and lead vocalist of the rock band Queen. Regarded as one of the greatest lead singers in the history of rock music, he was known for his flamboyant stage persona and four-octave vocal range.Born in 1946 in Zanzibar to Parsi parents from India, he attended English-style boarding schools in India from the age of eight and returned to Zanzibar after secondary school. In 1964, his family fled the Zanzibar Revolution, moving to Middlesex, England. Having studied and written music for years, he formed Queen in 1970 with guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 45 (1946-1991)
- Birthplace: Tanzania, Zanzibar, Stone Town, Zanzibar City, Africa
- Photo: Time Life Pictures/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty ImagesFrédéric François Chopin (, also UK: , US: , French: [ʃɔpɛ̃], Polish: [ˈʂɔpɛn]; 1 March 1810 – 17 October 1849) was a Polish composer and virtuoso pianist of the Romantic era who wrote primarily for solo piano. He has maintained worldwide renown as a leading musician of his era, one whose "poetic genius was based on a professional technique that was without equal in his generation."Chopin was born Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin in the Duchy of Warsaw and grew up in Warsaw, which in 1815 became part of Congress Poland. A child prodigy, he completed his musical education and composed his earlier works in Warsaw before leaving Poland at the age of 20, less than a month before the outbreak of the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 39 (1810-1849)
- Birthplace: Żelazowa Wola, Poland