List of famous male rappers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male rappers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being rappers. There are thousand of males working as rappers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic rappers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a rapper then the people below should give you inspiration.
These people, like Marz and Lil Ric include images when available.While this isn't a list of all male rappers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male rappers?" and "Who are the best male rappers?"
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/Stringer / Getty Images EntertainmentKanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and fashion designer. His musical career has been marked by dramatic changes in styles, incorporating an eclectic range of influences including soul, baroque pop, electro, indie rock, synth-pop, industrial, and gospel. Over the course of his career, West has been responsible for cultural movements and progressions within mainstream hip hop and popular music at large. Born in Atlanta and raised in Chicago, West first became known as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, producing singles for recording artists such as Jay-Z, Ludacris and Alicia Keys. Intent on... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
- Photo: Tibrina Hobson / Getty ImagesChristopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and entrepreneur. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir and several local talent shows from a young age. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.With his first single "Run It!" peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Tappahannock, USA, Virginia
- Photo: Wikimedia CommonsShawn Corey Carter (born December 4, 1969), known professionally as Jay-Z (stylized as JAY-Z), is an American rapper, songwriter, producer, entrepreneur, and record executive. Considered among the best rappers of all time, he is regarded as one of the world's most significant cultural icons and has been a global figure in popular culture for over two decades.Born and raised in New York City, Jay-Z first began his musical career after founding the record label Roc-A-Fella Records in 1995, and subsequently released his debut studio album Reasonable Doubt in 1996. The album was released to widespread critical success, and solidified his standing in the music industry. He has gone onto release... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg (born June 5, 1971) is an American actor, producer, restaurateur and former rapper. He is also known by his former stage name Marky Mark from his career with the group Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, with whom he released the albums Music for the People (1991) and You Gotta Believe (1992). Wahlberg transitioned from music to acting, with his screen debut in Renaissance Man (1994) and his first starring role in Fear (1996). He received critical praise for his performance as porn actor Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights. In the early 2000s, he ventured into big budget action-oriented movies, such as The Perfect Storm (2000), Planet of the Apes (2001), and The Italian... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Dorchester, Boston, Massachusetts, USA