List of famous male rowers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male rowers list contains the most prominent and top males known for being rowers. There are thousand of males working as rowers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic rowers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a rower then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different people, including Mario Paonessa and Satish Joshi.While this isn't a list of all male rowers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male rowers?" and "Who are the best male rowers?"
Giuseppe LanzoneGiuseppe Lanzone (born October 12, 1982 in La Punta, Peru) is an American rower and 2005 graduate of the University of Washington. He attended and rowed for McLean High School, graduating in 2001, before going to the University of Washington. He was the 2004 and 2005 All Pac-10 Team Rower of the Year, and the 2010 US Rowing Male Athlete of the Year. Along with his teammates he finished 9th in the men's coxless four at the 2008 Summer Olympics. He was in the men's 8+ that finished fourth at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. He worked at Sparks Consulting, a social business that is concerned with rowing community development during his national team and Olympic training. Was the former head... more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: La Punta District, Callao, Peru
- Kenneth "Ken" Jurkowski (born September 2, 1981 in Rhinebeck, New York) is an American rower. He finished 11th in the men's single sculls at the 2008 Summer Olympics.... more
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Rhinebeck, New York
- Malcolm Howard (born February 7, 1983) is a Canadian rower. He was born in Victoria, British Columbia and graduated from Brentwood College School (Mill Bay, British Columbia) in 2001. While at Brentwood he joined Canada's junior national team.As part of the national team Howard won three World Rowing Championships medals including a silver in 2004 in the men's coxed fours, and a gold in 2007 in the men's eights.He won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the men's eights with Andrew Byrnes, Kyle Hamilton, Adam Kreek, Kevin Light, Ben Rutledge, Dominic Sieterle, Jake Wetzel and cox Brian Price. The crew was later named to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame.At the 2012 Summer Olympics he won... more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Victoria, Canada
- James Andrew Byrnes (born May 22, 1983) is a Canadian rower and Olympic gold medallist. He was born in Toronto, Ontario and raised in Ithaca, New York. Byrnes is a 2005 graduate of Bates College in Maine, where he rowed for the Bates Rowing Team and earned a master's degree in engineering from the University of Pennsylvania in 2006. He has won four World Rowing Championships medals, a bronze in 2006 in the men's coxed pairs with Derek O'Farrell and Brian Price; and a gold in 2007 in the men's eights, a silver in 2009 in Poznan, Poland in the men's eight and a bronze in Bled, Slovenia in 2011 in the men's eight. He won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the men's eights with Ben... more
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Toronto, Canada