List of famous male runners, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male runners list contains the most prominent and top males known for being runners. There are thousand of males working as runners in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic runners have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a runner then the people below should give you inspiration.
List contains people like Daniel Vargas, Martyn Rooney.While this isn't a list of all male runners, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male runners?" and "Who are the best male runners?"
- Matthew Wells is a British Olympic rower. Wells was born in Bradford and grew up in Hexham, where he learnt to row at Queen Elizabeth High School In 1996 he won the single sculls at the Coupe de la Jeunesse, and won gold in the double sculls at the World Junior Championships in 1997. He took bronze at the World U23 Championships in 1999, after missing out on competition for a year due to injury. In 2000, he took gold in the single at the World U23 championships, then represented Great Britain at the 2000 Olympic Games, finishing in ninth. In 2003, Wells came fifth in the World Championships in Milan in the men's double with Ian Lawson. In 2004, he competed at Olympic Games with Matthew... more
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: Bradford, United Kingdom
Carlos CorderoCarlos Cordero Gomez is a Mexican athlete. He participated at the 2008 Summer Olympics finishing 32nd in the men's Marathon. and he also represented Mexico at the 2012 Summer Olympics. He won a silver medal in the 1500 metres at the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games... more
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Irapuato, Mexico
- Bilisuma Shugi Gelassa (born 19 July 1989 in Oromia Region) is an Ethiopian long-distance runner who competes internationally for Bahrain.He transferred to Bahrain at the end of 2009 and his first international appearance came a few months afterwards at the 2010 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, where he finished in the top 50 in the senior race. A gold medal and games record at the 2010 Asian Games saw him establish himself over 10,000 metres on the track.The following season he was 30th at the 2011 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, helping Bahrain to sixth in the team rankings with the help of fellow East African converts Dejene Regassa and Ali Hasan Mahboob. On the track that... more
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Oromia Region, Ethiopia
- Frank Charles Shorter (born October 31, 1947) is an American former long-distance runner who won the gold medal in the marathon at the 1972 Summer Olympics and the silver medal at the 1976 Summer Olympics. His Olympic success, along with the achievements of other American runners, is credited with igniting the running boom in the United States during the 1970s. ... more
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Munich, Germany