List of famous male sailors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male sailors list contains the most prominent and top males known for being sailors. There are thousand of males working as sailors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic sailors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a sailor then the people below should give you inspiration.
List includes Frank J. Anderson, Matthew Webb and more.While this isn't a list of all male sailors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male sailors?" and "Who are the best male sailors?"
- Leonard Alfred Schneider, better known by his stage name Lenny Bruce, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic and satirist. He was renowned for his open, free-style and critical form of comedy which integrated satire, politics, religion, and vulgarity. His 1964 conviction in an obscenity trial was followed by a posthumous pardon, the first in New York State history, by then-Governor George Pataki in 2003. He paved the way for future outspoken counterculture-era comedians, and his trial for obscenity is seen as a landmark for freedom of speech in the United States. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Died at 41 (1925-1966)
- Birthplace: Mineola, New York, USA
- Photo: John Kobal Foundation/Contributor / Moviepix/Getty ImagesHumphrey DeForest Bogart (; December 25, 1899 – January 14, 1957) was an American film and theater actor. His performances in numerous films from the Classical Hollywood era made him a cultural icon. In 1999, the American Film Institute selected him as the greatest male star of classic American cinema.Bogart began acting in Broadway shows after World War I. After the Wall Street Crash of 1929, he began his movie career in Up the River, a comedy directed by John Ford. The film also starred Spencer Tracy; Bogart played the romantic role in a part as large as Tracy's, despite Bogart's much lower billing. Bogart appeared in various supporting parts, struggling for several years, sometimes... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 58 (1899-1957)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Photo: Tinseltown / ShutterstockWilliam Frederick Durst (born August 20, 1970) is an American vocalist, actor and film director. He is best known as the frontman of the rap rock band Limp Bizkit, formed in 1994, with whom he released six studio albums. He started making money playing in several Jacksonville, Florida bands, mowing lawns and drawing tattoos. Since 2006, Durst has worked on independent films. He costarred in Population 436, and made his directorial debut in 2007, with The Education of Charlie Banks. He followed with The Longshots in 2008.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
- Photo: Michael N. Todaro / Getty Images EntertainmentJesse Ventura (born James George Janos; July 15, 1951) is an American media personality, actor, author, retired professional wrestler, and former politician who served as the Mayor of Brooklyn Park from 1993 to 1995 and as the 38th Governor of Minnesota from 1999 to 2003. He was the first and only candidate of the Reform Party to win a major government position, but later joined the Green Party of the United States. Ventura was a member of the U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team during the Vietnam War. After leaving the military, he embarked on a professional wrestling career from 1975 to 1986, taking the ring name Jesse "The Body" Ventura. He had a long tenure in the World Wrestling... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America