List of famous male singer-songwriters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male singer-songwriters list contains the most prominent and top males known for being singer-songwriters. There are thousand of males working as singer-songwriters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic singer-songwriters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a singer-songwriter then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list below has a variety of people in it, from Donovan Chapman to John Deacon.While this isn't a list of all male singer-songwriters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male singer-songwriters?" and "Who are the best male singer-songwriters?"
- Justin Drew Bieber (born March 1, 1994) is a Canadian singer-songwriter and actor. Discovered at 13 years old by talent manager Scooter Braun after watching his YouTube videos covering songs, he was signed to RBMG Records in 2008. Bieber then released his debut EP, My World, in late 2009. It was certified Platinum in the United States. With the EP, Bieber became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record chart on the US Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first studio album, My World 2.0, in 2010. It debuted at number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the US, and contained his single "Baby", which debuted at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 and ...more
- Age: 27
- Birthplace: Stratford, Ontario, Canada
- Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the "King of Pop", he is regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century and one of the greatest entertainers. Jackson's contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. The eighth child of the Jackson family, Michael made his professional debut in 1964 with his elder brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon as a member of the Jackson 5. He began his solo career in 1971 while at Motown Records, and in the early 1980s, became a dominant figure in ...more
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1958-2009)
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- Photo: user uploaded imageJustin Randall Timberlake (born January 31, 1981), often known by his initials, JT, is an American singer, songwriter, actor, dancer and record producer. Born and raised in Tennessee, he appeared on the television shows Star Search and The All-New Mickey Mouse Club as a child. In the late 1990s, Timberlake rose to prominence as one of the two lead vocalists and youngest member of NSYNC, which eventually became one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. Timberlake began to adopt a more mature image as an artist with the release of his debut solo album, the R&B-focused Justified (2002), which yielded the successful singles "Cry Me a River" and "Rock Your Body", and earned his first two ...more
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
- Photo: Tibrina Hobson / Getty Images4
Chris BrownChristopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and entrepreneur. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir and several local talent shows from a young age. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.With his first single "Run It!" peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top ...more
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Tappahannock, Virginia, United States of America