List of famous male songwriters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male songwriters list contains the most prominent and top males known for being songwriters. There are thousand of males working as songwriters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic songwriters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a songwriter then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list below has a variety of people in it, from Brett Beavers to Boots Riley.While this isn't a list of all male songwriters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male songwriters?" and "Who are the best male songwriters?"
- Photo: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.comAdam Richard Sandler (born September 9, 1966) is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, film producer, and musician. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in many Hollywood feature films that combined have grossed over $2 billion at the box office.His film roles include Billy Madison (1995), the sports comedies Happy Gilmore (1996) and The Waterboy (1998), the romantic comedy The Wedding Singer (1998), Big Daddy (1999), Mr. Deeds (2002), Grown Ups (2010), Grown Ups 2 (2013) and voicing Dracula in the Hotel Transylvania franchise (2012-2018). Some of his films, such as the widely panned Jack and Jill, have been heavily criticized, culminating in a... more
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Tibrina Hobson / Getty ImagesChristopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor and entrepreneur. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir and several local talent shows from a young age. Having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at number two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), selling an overall three million copies worldwide.With his first single "Run It!" peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top... more
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Tappahannock, Virginia, United States of America
- David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), known professionally as David Bowie (, BOH-ee), was an English singer-songwriter and actor. He was a leading figure in the music industry and is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, acclaimed by critics and musicians, particularly for his innovative work during the 1970s. His career was marked by reinvention and visual presentation, with his music and stagecraft having a significant impact on popular music. During his lifetime, his record sales, estimated at 140 million albums worldwide, made him one of the world's best-selling music artists. In the UK, he was awarded ten platinum album certifications,... more
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: London, England
- Bob Dylan (born May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter, author, poet, and visual artist who has been a major figure in popular culture for more than fifty years. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" (1963) and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" (1964) became anthems for the Civil Rights Movement and anti-war movement. His lyrics during this period incorporated a wide range of political, social, philosophical, and literary influences, defied pop-music conventions and appealed to the burgeoning counterculture. Following his self-titled debut album in 1962, which mainly comprised traditional folk songs, Dylan made his breakthrough... more
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Duluth, Minnesota, United States of America