List of famous male speed skaters, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male speed skaters list contains the most prominent and top males known for being speed skaters. There are thousand of males working as speed skaters in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic speed skaters have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a speed skater then the people below should give you inspiration.
Everything from Rune Stordal to Carl Verheijen is included on this list.While this isn't a list of all male speed skaters, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male speed skaters?" and "Who are the best male speed skaters?"
- Shani Earl Davis (; born August 13, 1982) is an American speed skater.At the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy, Davis became the first black athlete to win a gold medal in an individual event at the Olympic Winter Games, winning the speedskating 1000 meter event. He also won a silver medal in the 1500 meter event. At the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, he repeated the feat, becoming the first man to successfully defend the 1000 meters and repeating as the 1500 meter silver medalist. Davis won the silver medal at the 2004 World Allround Speed Skating Championships. He then proceeded to win the World Allround Championships in both 2005 and 2006. In 2009, he... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- François-Olivier Roberge (born September 15, 1985 in Saint-Nicolas, Quebec) is a Canadian speed-skater who represented Canada at the 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics. He is now studying in Public Communications at University Laval in Quebec.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 35
- Zhang Zhongqi (Chinese: 張忠奇, born November 2, 1982) is a long-track speed-skater who represented China at the 2010 Winter Olympics in the Men's 500m.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Qiqihar, China
- Jamie Gregg (born March 18, 1985, in Edmonton, Alberta) is a Canadian long track speed skater. Gregg was ranked 10th in overall World Cup standings for the 2009–10 season. He is set to compete for Canada at the 2010 Winter Olympics in the 500 m. At the Olympics, Gregg competed in the Richmond Olympic Oval where he finished 8th in the 500 m as the top North American skater, one spot ahead of Jeremy Wotherspoon. Gregg's younger sister Jessica Gregg also competed at the 2010 Olympics although she competed in short track speed skating.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Edmonton, Canada