This list of famous male stand-up comedians in ranked by their level of prominence, with photos when available. This greatest male stand-up comedians list contains the most prominent and funniest men known for their stand-up comedy. Comedy fans will also enjoy these videos of comedians abusing hecklers and a list of comedians who were discovered on Star Search. There are thousands of men working as stand-up comedians in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable male comedians. Stand up comics like those on this list have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a guy aspiring to be a stand-up comedian then the comedian names below should give you inspiration.
No list of popular comedians or stand up comedians list would be complete without the likes of George Carlin, Larry David, Dave Chappelle, Louis C.K., or Chris Rock. Recent male comedians, like Kevin Hart, Bill Burr, and Aziz Ansari also made the list. From white male comedians working today, old school comedians, fat comedians, heck even short comedians, you'll find them all on this list. Many successful comedians went on to become big comedy stars, so you will definitely recognize these names.While this isn't a list of all male stand-up comedians, it does feature almost 100 famous comedians who have been making people laugh for years. Who are the most famous male stand-up comedians? Who are the best male stand-up comedians? Take a look below to find out! Some of these funny men are even featured in the most hated stand-up comedians.
- Jerome Allen Seinfeld ( SYNE-feld; born April 29, 1954) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer, producer, and director. He is known for playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself in the sitcom Seinfeld, which he created and wrote with Larry David. The show aired on NBC from 1989 until 1998, becoming one of the most acclaimed and popular sitcoms of all time. As a stand-up comedian, Seinfeld specializes in observational comedy. In 2005, Comedy Central named Seinfeld the "12th Greatest Stand-up Comedian of All Time."Seinfeld produced, co-wrote and starred in the 2007 film Bee Movie. In 2010, he premiered a reality series called The Marriage Ref, which aired for two seasons on... more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Photo: Kevin Winter / Getty ImagesLawrence Gene David (born July 2, 1947) is an American comedian, writer, actor, director, and television producer. He and Jerry Seinfeld created the television series Seinfeld, of which David was the head writer and executive producer from Seasons 1-7. David gained further recognition for the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, which he also created, in which he stars as a semi-fictionalized version of himself.David's work won him a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series in 1993. Formerly a stand-up comedian, David went into television comedy, writing and starring in ABC's Fridays, as well as writing briefly for Saturday Night Live. He has won two Primetime Emmy Awards, and was... more
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Louis Székely () (born September 12, 1967), better known by his stage name Louis C.K. (), is an American stand-up comedian, writer, actor, and filmmaker. In 2012, C.K. won a Peabody Award and has received six Primetime Emmy Awards, as well as numerous awards for The Chris Rock Show, Louie, and his stand-up specials Live at the Beacon Theater (2011) and Oh My God (2013). He has won the Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album twice. Rolling Stone ranked C.K.'s stand-up special Shameless number three on their "Divine Comedy: 25 Best Stand-Up Specials and Movies of All Time" list and ranked him fourth on its 2017 list of the 50 best stand-up comics of all time.C.K. began his career in the 1990s... more
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Photo: David Shankbone / FlickrEdward Regan Murphy (born April 3, 1961) is an American actor, comedian, and singer. Murphy was a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1980 to 1984. He has worked as a stand-up comedian and was ranked #10 on Comedy Central's list of the 100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time.In films, Murphy has received Golden Globe Award nominations for his performances in 48 Hrs., the Beverly Hills Cop series, Trading Places, and The Nutty Professor. In 2007, he won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor and received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of soul singer James "Thunder" Early in Dreamgirls.Murphy's work as a voice actor in films includes... more
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America