This list of famous male surfers, ranked by their level of prominence, includes photos and other information, when available. This greatest male surfers list contains the most prominent famous surfers and top males known for being the best at catching waves. You might even catch these popular surfers at the world's best surfing beaches or the coolest U.S. surfing spots. There are thousands of male surfers and guys who love to surf throughout the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic surfers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a guy aspiring to be a surfer then the best surfers and other famous surfer dudes below should give you inspiration.
Among the big surfer names listed here are Kelly Slater, Duke Kahanamoku, Miki Dora, and many additional professional surfers as well. Featuring 80s surfers, popular surfers from California, and your favorite Aussie surfers, this list has them all!
Who are the most famous male surfers? Who are the best male surfers? While this isn't a list of all male surfers, it goes beyond just the top 10 surfers and provides all kinds of information about famous guys who surf, including famous Hawaiian surfers, famous Australian surfers, and more.
- Photo: user uploaded imageRobert Kelly Slater (born February 11, 1972) is an American professional surfer, author, actor, model, environmental activist, businessman, and innovator, best known for his unprecedented 11 world surfing championships. He is widely regarded as the greatest professional surfer of all time.... more
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States of America
- Gregory Michael Cipes is an American actor, voice actor, and musician. He was a cast member in the reality television program twentyfourseven, and had recurring roles in MDs and Peacemakers. His most notable roles have been voicing in cartoons. He voices Beast Boy in Teen Titans, Kevin Levin in Ben 10, and Michaelangelo in the 2012 edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... more
- Age: 41
- Birthplace: USA, Coral Springs, Florida
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainStacy Peralta (born October 15, 1957) is an American director and entrepreneur. He was previously a professional skateboarder and surfer with the Zephyr Competition Team, also known as the Z-Boys from Venice, California.... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0Miklos Sandor Dora III (August 11, 1934 – January 3, 2002), known professionally as Miki Dora was a noted surfer of the 1950s and 1960s in Malibu, California. Dora received numerous nicknames and aliases during his life, including "Mickey Dora," "The Black Knight," "the Gypsy Darling," "Malibu Mickey," "Kung'Bu," "the Fiasco Kid," "El Taquache," and "Da Cat."... more
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1934-2002)
- Birthplace: Budapest, Hungary