This list of famous male talk show hosts is listed by their level of prominence and includes photos and other information, when available. This greatest male talk show hosts list contains the most prominent and famous talk show hosts known for asking hard-hitting questions. Talk show fans might also enjoy what 90s talk show hosts look like now and these hilarious tattoos of TV show hosts. There are thousands of men working as talk show hosts on shows throughout the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Old talk show hosts worked hard to become the best that they can be, and newer names among TV talk show hosts are breaking new ground today. If you think it might be fun to work as a talk show host then the people below should give you inspiration.
Among the hosts of popular talk shows below is everyone from Larry King to Conan O'Brien, David Letterman and even political talk show hosts like Glenn Beck. This list isn't just limited to famous TV hosts, either. Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh are among the famous radio talk show hosts below. Featuring the most popular male hosts from daytime talk shows, Black talk shows, American talk shows, and English talk shows, this list has them all!
Who are the most famous male talk show hosts? Who are the best male talk show hosts? While this isn't a list of all male talk show hosts, it does include famous interviewers and TV show hosts from all eras of television. Below you'll find morning talk show hosts, hosts from '90s talk shows, and even gay talk show hosts making history.
- Photo: Dario Cantatore / Getty ImagesHoward Allan Stern is an American radio and television personality, producer, author, actor, and photographer. He is best known for his radio show, which was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2005. Stern has been exclusive to Sirius XM Radio since 2006. Stern wished to pursue a radio career since the age of five. While at Boston University, he worked at the campus station WTBU before a brief stint at WNTN in Newton, Massachusetts. He developed his on-air personality when he landed positions at WRNW in Briarcliff Manor, WCCC in Hartford, Connecticut, and WWWW in Detroit, Michigan. In 1981, he paired with his current newscaster and co-host Robin Quivers at WWDC in Washington, D.C., before a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Jackson Heights, New York City, New York, United States of America
- David Michael Letterman (born April 12, 1947) is an American television host, comedian, writer, producer and automobile racing team owner. He hosted late night television talk shows for 33 years, beginning with the February 1, 1982, debut of Late Night with David Letterman on NBC, and ending with the May 20, 2015, broadcast of Late Show with David Letterman on CBS. In total, Letterman hosted 6,080 episodes of Late Night and Late Show, surpassing his friend and mentor Johnny Carson as the longest-serving late night talk show host in American television history. In 1996 Letterman was ranked 45th on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Stars of All Time. In 2002, The Late Show with David Letterman was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- Photo: Featureflash / ShutterstockLarry King (born Lawrence Harvey Zeiger; November 19, 1933) is an American television and radio host, whose work has been recognized with awards including two Peabodys, an Emmy award, and 10 Cable ACE Awards. King began as a local Florida journalist and radio interviewer in the 1950s and 1960s and gained prominence beginning in 1978 as host of The Larry King Show, an all-night nationwide call-in radio program heard on the Mutual Broadcasting System. From 1985 to 2010, he hosted the nightly interview television program Larry King Live on CNN. He currently hosts Larry King Now on Hulu and RT America during the week, and on Thursdays he hosts Politicking with Larry King, a weekly political... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 86
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- James Douglas Muir Leno (born April 28, 1950) is an American comedian, actor, writer, producer, and television host. After doing stand-up comedy for years, he became the host of NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno from 1992 to 2009. Beginning in September 2009, Leno started a primetime talk show, titled The Jay Leno Show, which aired weeknights at 10:00pm ET, also on NBC. After The Jay Leno Show was canceled in January 2010 amid a host controversy, Leno returned to host The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on March 1, 2010. He hosted his last episode of The Tonight Show on February 6, 2014. That year, he was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. Since 2014, Leno has hosted Jay Leno's Garage.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: New Rochelle, New York, United States of America