List of famous male venture capitalists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male venture capitalists list contains the most prominent and top males known for being venture capitalists. There are thousand of males working as venture capitalists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic venture capitalists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a venture capitalist then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list below has everything from Tom Dyal to Dana Mead.While this isn't a list of all male venture capitalists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male venture capitalists?" and "Who are the best male venture capitalists?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Jim Breyer has been responsible for Accel Partner's investments in over twenty-five companies that have completed public offerings or successful mergers. Jim is currently on the Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc (WMT), where he is the Lead / Presiding Independent Director, and Chairman of the Strategic Planning and Finance Committee.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 59
- Birthplace: New Haven, Connecticut
- Photo: Mark Mainz / Getty ImagesWilliam Nelson Joy (born November 8, 1954) is an American computer engineer. He co-founded Sun Microsystems in 1982 along with Scott McNealy, Vinod Khosla, and Andy Bechtolsheim, and served as chief scientist at the company until 2003. He played an integral role in the early development of BSD UNIX while a graduate student at Berkeley, and he is the original author of the vi text editor. He also wrote the 2000 essay Why The Future Doesn't Need Us, in which he expressed deep concerns over the development of modern technologies. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
- Marc Lowell Andreessen ( ann-DREE-sən; born July 9, 1971) is an American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer. He is the co-author of Mosaic, the first widely used Web browser; co-founder of Netscape; and co-founder and general partner of Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He founded and later sold the software company Opsware to Hewlett-Packard. Andreessen is also a co-founder of Ning, a company that provides a platform for social networking websites. He sits on the board of directors of Facebook, eBay, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise, among others. Andreessen was one of six inductees in the World Wide Web Hall of Fame announced at the First International... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)L. John Doerr (born June 29, 1951) is an American investor and venture capitalist at Kleiner Perkins in Menlo Park, California. In February 2009, Doerr was appointed a member of the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board to provide the President and his administration with advice and counsel in trying to fix America's economic downturn. In 2017, related to Forbes, he was recognized the 40th Richest In Tech. As of July 2017, Forbes ranked Doerr as the 105th richest person in the United States and the 303rd richest person in the world, with a net worth of US$ 7.5 billion as of February 16, 2018. Doerr is the author of Measure What Matters, a book about goal-setting. For 2019, his net... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri