List of famous male warlords, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest male warlords list contains the most prominent and top males known for being warlords. There are thousand of males working as warlords in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic warlords have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a male aspiring to be a warlord then the people below should give you inspiration.
List people include Liu Guitang, Chen Jiongming and many additional people as well.While this isn't a list of all male warlords, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous male warlords?" and "Who are the best male warlords?"
- Chiang Kai-shek (; 31 October 1887 – 5 April 1975), also known as Generalissimo Chiang or Chiang Chungcheng and romanized as Chiang Chieh-shih or Jiang Jieshi, was a Chinese nationalist politician, revolutionary and military leader who served as the leader of the Republic of China between 1928 and 1975, first in mainland China until 1949 and then in Taiwan until his death. Chiang was a member of the Kuomintang and a lieutenant of Sun Yat-sen in the revolution to overthrow the Beiyang government and reunify China. With Soviet and communist (CCP) help, Chiang organized the military for Sun's Canton Nationalist Government and headed the Whampoa Military Academy. Commander in chief of the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1887-1975)
- Birthplace: Xikou, China
- Sun Yat-sen (; 12 November 1866 – 12 March 1925) was a Chinese politician, physician and philosopher who provisionally served as the first president of the Republic of China; and the first leader of the Kuomintang (Nationalist Party of China). He is referred as the "Father of the Nation" in the Republic of China due to his instrumental role in the overthrow of the Qing dynasty during the Xinhai Revolution. Sun remains a unique figure among 20th-century Chinese leaders for being widely revered in both mainland China and Taiwan.Although Sun is considered to be one of the greatest leaders of modern China, his political life was one of constant struggle and frequent exile. After the success of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 59 (1866-1925)
- Birthplace: Zhongshan
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesCharles McArthur Ghankay Taylor (born 28 January 1948) is a Liberian war criminal and former politician who served as the 22nd President of Liberia from 2 August 1997 until his resignation on 11 August 2003.Born in Arthington, Montserrado County, Liberia, Taylor earned a degree at Bentley College in the United States before returning to Liberia to work in the government of Samuel Doe. After being removed for embezzlement, he eventually arrived in Libya, where he was trained as a guerrilla fighter. He returned to Liberia in 1989 as the head of a Libyan-backed rebel group, the National Patriotic Front of Liberia, to overthrow the Doe government, initiating the First Liberian Civil War... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Arthington, Liberia, Liberia
- Yuan Shikai (Chinese: 袁世凱; pinyin: Yuán Shìkǎi; 16 September 1859 – 6 June 1916) was a Chinese military and government official who rose to power during the late Qing dynasty. He tried to save the dynasty with a number of modernization projects including bureaucratic, fiscal, judicial, educational, and other reforms, despite playing a key part in the failure of the Hundred Days' Reform. He established the first modern army and a more efficient provincial government in North China in the last years of the Qing dynasty before the abdication of the Xuantong Emperor, the last monarch of the Qing dynasty, in 1912. Through negotiation, he became the first official president of the Republic of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 57 (1859-1916)
- Birthplace: Xiangcheng County, Henan