Famous Movies Filmed in Spokane
The movies below must have at least one major scene that was filmed in Spokane
List of movies that were filmed in Spokane, including trailers of the films when available. Spokane has a lot of famous landmarks and beautiful landscapes, making it a great location to film movies in. This list of famous movies shot in Spokane is listed by popularity, so the movie names at the top of the list are the most well-known. This isn't necessarily a list of all movies shot in Spokane, so if you notice an important film is missing then feel free to add it at the bottom of this list.
If you're trying to answer the questions, "What films were shot in Spokane?" and "Which famous movies were filmed in Spokane?" then you'e in the right place.Both big studio and independent films that were filmed in Spokane are included below, as well as all genres including horror, action, comedy and more.
- High school wrestler Louden Swain (Matthew Modine) feels he must do something significant in his life shortly after turning 18. Despite vehement advice against it from his father (Ronny Cox) and coach (Charles Hallahan), Swain decides to try to lose over 20 pounds in a very short time in an attempt to take on the defending state champion of a lower weight class. Meanwhile, he falls for the edgy, older Carla (Linda Fiorentino), who provides further distraction for the young wrestler.
- Actors: Matthew Modine, Linda Fiorentino, Michael Schoeffling, Ronny Cox, Harold Sylvester
- Released: 1985
- Directed by: Harold Becker
- Benny (Aidan Quinn), who cares for his mentally disturbed sister, Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson), also welcomes the eccentric Sam (Johnny Depp) into his home at Joon's request. Sam entertains Joon while he dreams of a job at the video store. Once Benny realizes Joon and Sam have started a relationship, he kicks Sam out of the house. This leads to an altercation between brother and sister. Joon runs away with Sam, who soon realizes that she may need more support than he alone can provide.
- Actors: Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Masterson, Aidan Quinn, Julianne Moore, Oliver Platt
- Released: 1993
- Directed by: Jeremiah S. Chechik
- Mozart and the Whale is a 2005 romantic comedy-drama film directed by Petter Næss. A love story between two savants with Asperger's syndrome, a kind of autism, whose conditions sabotage their budding relationship.
- Actors: Josh Hartnett, Radha Mitchell, Gary Cole, John Carroll Lynch, Erica Leerhsen
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: Petter Næss
- The Cutter is a direct to video action film released in 2005, starring Chuck Norris, Joanna Pacuła, Daniel Bernhardt, Bernie Kopell and Marshall R. Teague. After a deadly kidnapping rescue gone wrong, a guilt ridden detective recruits his specialized SWAT team to successfully rescue an aged diamond cutter from the hands of a murderous thief. Filmed In Spokane, Washington. It features many of Norris' cliches. The movie utilized the services of Spokane Transit Authority in the scenes involving public bus transportation
- Actors: Chuck Norris, Tracy Scoggins, Bernie Kopell, Daniel Bernhardt, Joanna Pacuła
- Released: 2005
- Directed by: William Tannen
- When Secret Service agent Alex Thomas (Cuba Gooding Jr.) acts too slowly to stop a crazed shooter, the president of the United States (Jack Scalia) is brutally shot in the middle of a press conference. In the wake of his death, journalist Kate Crawford (Angie Harmon) begins to suspect a massive conspiracy is afoot. Crawford convinces a skeptical Thomas to help her, and the two struggle to unravel the mystery behind the assassination -- before they become the next targets.
- Actors: Cuba Gooding, James Woods, Angie Harmon, Anne Archer, Christa Campbell
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Andy Cheng
- Following a lengthy tour of duty in Iraq, three soldiers find that readjusting to life at home is not as easy as they originally thought. One (Samuel L. Jackson), a doctor, has an especially hard time as he watches his life unravel despite his attempts to restore his practice and marriage.
- Actors: Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, Brian Presley, 50 Cent, Christina Ricci
- Released: 2006
- Directed by: Irwin Winkler