List of famous people born in 1890, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1890 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1890. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1890, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1890 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
The list you're viewing is made up of different celebs like Dwight D. Eisenhower and Stan Laurel.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1890?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainDwight David "Ike" Eisenhower ( EYE-zən-how-ər; October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was an American army general and statesman who served as the 34th president of the United States from 1953 to 1961. During World War II, he was a five-star general in the Army and served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Europe. He was responsible for planning and supervising the invasion of North Africa in Operation Torch in 1942–43 and the successful Invasion of Normandy in 1944–45 from the Western Front. Eisenhower was born David Dwight Eisenhower in Denison, Texas, and he was raised in Kansas in a large family of mostly Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. His family had a strong religious... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1890-1969)
- Birthplace: Denison, Texas, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJulius Henry "Groucho" Marx (; October 2, 1890 – August 19, 1977) was an American comedian, writer, stage, film, radio, and television star. A master of quick wit, he is widely considered one of America's greatest comedians.He made 13 feature films with his siblings the Marx Brothers, of whom he was the third-born. He also had a successful solo career, most notably as the host of the radio and television game show You Bet Your Life.His distinctive appearance, carried over from his days in vaudeville, included quirks such as an exaggerated stooped posture, spectacles, cigar, and a thick greasepaint mustache and eyebrows. These exaggerated features resulted in the creation of one of the most... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 87 (1890-1977)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Hulton Deutsch/Contributor / Corbis Historical/Getty ImagesStan Laurel (born Arthur Stanley Jefferson; 16 June 1890 – 23 February 1965) was an English comic actor, writer, and film director who was part of the comedy duo Laurel and Hardy. He appeared with his comedy partner Oliver Hardy in 107 short films, feature films, and cameo roles.Laurel began his career in music hall where he developed a number of his standard comic devices, including the bowler hat, the deep comic gravity, and the nonsensical understatement. His performances polished his skills at pantomime and music hall sketches. He was a member of "Fred Karno's Army", where he was Charlie Chaplin's understudy. He and Chaplin arrived in the United States on the same ship from the United... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 75 (1890-1965)
- Birthplace: Ulverston, United Kingdom
- Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie, Lady Mallowan, (née Miller; 15 September 1890 – 12 January 1976) was an English writer. She is known for her 66 detective novels and 14 short story collections, particularly those revolving around her fictional detectives Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. Christie also wrote the world's longest-running play, a murder mystery, The Mousetrap, and, under the pen name Mary Westmacott, six romances. In 1971 she was appointed a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) for her contribution to literature.Christie was born into a wealthy upper-middle-class family in Torquay, Devon. Before marrying and starting a family in London, she had served in a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 86 (1890-1976)
- Birthplace: Torquay, United Kingdom