List of famous people born in 1893, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1893 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1893. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1893, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1893 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List features Mao Zedong, Edward G. Robinson and more.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1893?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainMao Zedong (; December 26, 1893 – September 9, 1976), also known as Chairman Mao, was a Chinese communist revolutionary who became the founding father of the People's Republic of China (PRC), which he ruled as the Chairman of the Communist Party of China from its establishment in 1949 until his death in 1976. Idelogically a Marxist, his theories, military strategies, and political policies are collectively known as Maoism. Mao was the son of a prosperous peasant in Shaoshan, Hunan. He had a Chinese nationalist and an anti-imperialist outlook early in his life, and was particularly influenced by the events of the Xinhai Revolution of 1911 and May Fourth Movement of 1919. He later adopted... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1893-1976)
- Birthplace: China, Shaoshan, Eurasia
- Mary Jane "Mae" West (August 17, 1893 – November 22, 1980) was an American actress, singer, playwright, screenwriter, comedian, and sex symbol whose entertainment career spanned seven decades. She was known for her lighthearted, bawdy double entendres and breezy sexual independence. She was active in vaudeville and on the stage in New York City before moving to Hollywood to become a comedian, actress, and writer in the motion picture industry, as well as appearing on radio and television. The American Film Institute named her 15th among the greatest female stars of classic American cinema. West often used a husky contralto voice and was one of the more controversial movie stars of her day;... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Died at 87 (1893-1980)
- Birthplace: Bushwick, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Helga Esteb / ShutterstockJohn Samuel Waters Jr. (born April 22, 1946) is an American film director, screenwriter, author, actor, stand-up comedian, journalist, visual artist, and art collector, who rose to fame in the early 1970s for his transgressive cult films, especially Pink Flamingos.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHermann Wilhelm Göring (or Goering; German: [ˈɡøːʁɪŋ] (listen); 12 January 1893 – 15 October 1946) was a German political and military leader as well as one of the most powerful figures in the Nazi Party (NSDAP), which ruled Germany from 1933 to 1945. A veteran World War I fighter pilot ace, he was a recipient of the Pour le Mérite ("The Blue Max"). He was the last commander of Jagdgeschwader 1 (Jasta 1), the fighter wing once led by Manfred von Richthofen. An early member of the Nazi Party, Göring was among those wounded in Adolf Hitler's failed Beer Hall Putsch in 1923. While receiving treatment for his injuries, he developed an addiction to morphine which persisted until the last year of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1893-1946)
- Birthplace: Rosenheim, Germany