List of famous people born in 1900, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1900 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1900. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1900, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1900 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
This list is made up of a variety of celebs, including Spencer Tracy and Lefty Grove.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1900?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Hulton Deutsch / Getty ImagesHelen Hayes MacArthur (née Brown; October 10, 1900 – March 17, 1993) was an American actress whose career spanned 80 years. She eventually received the nickname "First Lady of American Theatre" and was one of 15 people who have won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a Tony Award (an EGOT). Hayes also received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, America's highest civilian honor, from President Ronald Reagan in 1986. In 1988, she was awarded the National Medal of Arts. The annual Helen Hayes Awards, which have recognized excellence in professional theatre in greater Washington, DC, since 1984, are her namesake. In 1955, the former Fulton Theatre on 46th Street in New York City's Broadway Theater... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 93 (1900-1993)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHeinrich Luitpold Himmler (German: [ˈhaɪnʁɪç ˈluːɪtˌpɔlt ˈhɪmlɐ] (listen); 7 October 1900 – 23 May 1945) was Reichsführer of the Schutzstaffel (Protection Squadron; SS), and a leading member of the Nazi Party (NSDAP) of Germany. Himmler was one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany and a main architect of the Holocaust. As a member of a reserve battalion during World War I, Himmler did not see active service. He studied agronomy in university, and joined the Nazi Party in 1923 and the SS in 1925. In 1929, he was appointed Reichsführer-SS by Adolf Hitler. Over the next 16 years, he developed the SS from a mere 290-man battalion into a million-strong paramilitary group, and, following... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 45 (1900-1945)
- Birthplace: Munich, Germany
- Aaron Copland (; November 14, 1900 – December 2, 1990) was an American composer, composition teacher, writer, and later a conductor of his own and other American music. Copland was referred to by his peers and critics as "the Dean of American Composers". The open, slowly changing harmonies in much of his music are typical of what many people consider to be the sound of American music, evoking the vast American landscape and pioneer spirit. He is best known for the works he wrote in the 1930s and 1940s in a deliberately accessible style often referred to as "populist" and which the composer labeled his "vernacular" style. Works in this vein include the ballets Appalachian Spring, Billy the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 90 (1900-1990)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJean Arthur (born Gladys Georgianna Greene; October 17, 1900 – June 19, 1991) was an American actress and a film star of the 1930s and 1940s. Arthur had feature roles in three Frank Capra films: Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936), You Can't Take It with You (1938), and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), films that championed the "everyday heroine". Arthur was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress in 1944 for her performance in The More the Merrier (1943). James Harvey wrote in his history of the romantic comedy: "No one was more closely identified with the screwball comedy than Jean Arthur. So much was she part of it, so much was her star personality defined by it, that the screwball... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 91 (1900-1991)
- Birthplace: USA, Plattsburgh, New York