List of famous people born in 1902, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1902 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1902. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1902, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1902 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List features celebs like Norma Shearer and Larry Fine.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1902?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainCharles Augustus Lindbergh (February 4, 1902 – August 26, 1974) was an American aviator, military officer, author, inventor, explorer, and environmental activist, and a spokesperson for the American First Committee. At age 25 in 1927, he went from obscurity as a U.S. Air Mail pilot to instantaneous world fame by winning the Orteig Prize: making a nonstop flight from Roosevelt Field, Long Island, New York, to Paris, France. Lindbergh covered the 33 1⁄2-hour, 3,600-statute-mile (5,800 km) flight alone in a single-engine purpose-built Ryan monoplane, the Spirit of St. Louis. Lindbergh's flight was not the first non-stop transatlantic flight. Alcock and Brown achieved this in June 1919.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 72 (1902-1974)
- Birthplace: Michigan, USA, Detroit
- Photo: HIstorical / Getty ImagesJames Mercer Langston Hughes (February 1, 1902 – May 22, 1967) was an American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist from Joplin, Missouri. He moved to New York City as a young man, where he made his career. One of the earliest innovators of the then-new literary art form called jazz poetry, Hughes is best known as a leader of the Harlem Renaissance. He famously wrote about the period that "the negro was in vogue", which was later paraphrased as "when Harlem was in vogue".Growing up in a series of Midwestern towns, Hughes became a prolific writer at an early age. He graduated from high school in Cleveland, Ohio and soon began studies at Columbia University in New York... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 65 (1902-1967)
- Birthplace: Joplin, Missouri, United States of America
Ansel AdamsAnsel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984) was a landscape photographer and environmentalist known for his black-and-white images of the American West. He helped found Group f/64, an association of photographers advocating "pure" photography which favored sharp focus and the use of the full tonal range of a photograph. He and Fred Archer developed an exacting system of image-making called the Zone System, a method of achieving a desired final print through a deeply technical understanding of how tonal range is recorded and developed in exposure, negative development, and printing. The resulting clarity and depth of such images characterized his photography. Adams was a... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 82 (1902-1984)
- Birthplace: Western Addition, California
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainMargaret Hamilton may refer to: Margaret Hamilton (nurse) (1840–1922), American nurse in the Civil War Margaret Hamilton (educator) (1871–1969), American educator Margaret Hamilton (actress) (1902–1985), American film character actress Margaret Hamilton (software engineer) (born 1936), American software engineer Margaret Hamilton (publisher) (born 1941), Australian publisher of children's literature... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1902-1985)
- Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio, USA