List of famous people born in 1906, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1906 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1906. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1906, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1906 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List features Billy Wilder, John Huston and more celebs.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1906?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Frazer Harrison / Getty ImagesClinton Eastwood Jr. (born May 31, 1930) is an American actor, filmmaker, musician, and politician. After achieving success in the Western TV series Rawhide, he rose to international fame with his role as the Man with No Name in Italian filmmaker Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy of spaghetti Westerns during the 1960s and as antihero cop Harry Callahan in the five Dirty Harry films throughout the 1970s and 1980s. These roles, among others, have made Eastwood an enduring cultural icon of masculinity.For his work in the Western film Unforgiven (1992) and the sports drama Million Dollar Baby (2004), Eastwood won Academy Awards for Best Director and Best Picture, as well as receiving nominations... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 90
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJohn Marcellus Huston (; August 5, 1906 – August 28, 1987) was an American film director, screenwriter, and actor. Huston was a citizen of the United States by birth but renounced U.S. citizenship to become an Irish citizen and resident. He returned to the United States, where he lived the rest of his life. He wrote the screenplays for most of the 37 feature films he directed, many of which are today considered classics: The Maltese Falcon (1941), The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948), The Asphalt Jungle (1950), The African Queen (1951), The Misfits (1961), Fat City (1972), and The Man Who Would Be King (1975). During his 46-year career, Huston received 15 Oscar nominations, winning... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1906-1987)
- Birthplace: Nevada, Missouri, United States of America
- Photo: Hulton Deutsch / Getty imagesBilly Wilder (; German: [ˈvɪldɐ]; born Samuel Wilder, June 22, 1906 – March 27, 2002) was an Austrian-born American filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, artist, and journalist whose career spanned more than five decades. He is regarded as one of the most brilliant and versatile filmmakers of the Hollywood Golden Age of cinema. With The Apartment, Wilder became the first person to win Academy Awards as producer, director, and screenwriter for the same film.Wilder became a screenwriter in the late 1920s while living in Berlin. After the rise of the Nazi Party, he left for Paris, where he made his directorial debut. He moved to Hollywood in 1933, and in 1939 he had a hit when he co-wrote the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 96 (1906-2002)
- Birthplace: Sucha Beskidzka, Poland
- Rose Joan Blondell (August 30, 1906 – December 25, 1979) was an American actress who performed in movies and on television for half a century. She began her career in vaudeville. After winning a beauty pageant, Blondell embarked upon a film career. Establishing herself as a sexy, wisecracking blonde, she was a pre-Code staple of Warner Bros. pictures, and appeared in more than 100 movies and television productions. She was most active in films during the 1930s, and during this time, she co-starred with Glenda Farrell in nine films, in which the duo portrayed gold diggers. Blondell continued acting in major film roles for the rest of her life, often in small character roles or supporting... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 73 (1906-1979)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America