List of famous people born in 1909, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1909 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1909. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1909, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1909 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
Errol Flynn and Mel Ott are a great starting point for your to rank your favorites on this listIf you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1909?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainJames Neville Mason (; 15 May 1909 – 27 July 1984) was an English actor. Mason achieved considerable success in British cinema before becoming one of Hollywood's biggest stars. He was the top box office attraction in the UK in 1944 and 1945, with notable films including The Seventh Veil (1945) and The Wicked Lady (1945). He starred in Odd Man Out (1947), the first recipient of the BAFTA Award for Best British Film. He starred in a number of successful British and American films from the 1950s to the early 1980s, including The Desert Fox, A Star Is Born, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Lolita, North by Northwest, The Prisoner of Zenda, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, A Touch of Larceny,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 75 (1909-1984)
- Birthplace: Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Elia KazanPhoto: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainElia Kazan (; born Elias Kazantzoglou (Greek: Ηλίας Καζαντζόγλου); September 7, 1909 – September 28, 2003) was a Greek-American director, producer, writer and actor, described by The New York Times as "one of the most honored and influential directors in Broadway and Hollywood history".He was born in Constantinople (now Istanbul, Turkey), to Cappadocian Greek parents. After attending Williams College and then the Yale School of Drama, he acted professionally for eight years, later joining the Group Theatre in 1932, and co-founded the Actors Studio in 1947. With Robert Lewis and Cheryl Crawford, his actors' studio introduced "Method Acting" under the direction of Lee Strasberg. Kazan acted... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Died at 94 (1909-2003)
- Birthplace: Constantinople, Istanbul, Turkey
- Photo: Herbert Dorfman / Getty ImagesErrol Leslie Thomson Flynn (20 June 1909 – 14 October 1959) was an Australian-born American actor during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Considered the natural successor to Douglas Fairbanks, he achieved worldwide fame for his romantic swashbuckler roles in Hollywood films, as well as frequent partnerships with Olivia de Havilland. He was best known for his role as Robin Hood in The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938); his portrayal of the character was named by the American Film Institute as the 18th-greatest hero in American film history. His other famous roles included the eponymous lead in Captain Blood (1935), Major Geoffrey Vickers in The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936), as well as the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1909-1959)
- Birthplace: Hobart, Australia
- Photo: Alvaro Tapia / FlickrFrancis Bacon (28 October 1909 – 28 April 1992) was an Irish-born British figurative painter known for his emotionally charged raw imagery and fixation on personal motifs. Best known for his depictions of popes, crucifixions and portraits of close friends, his abstracted figures are typically isolated in geometrical cages which give them vague 3D depth, set against flat, nondescript backgrounds. Bacon said that he saw images "in series", and his work, which numbers c. 590 extant paintings along with many others he destroyed, typically focuses on a single subject for sustained periods, often in triptych or diptych formats. His output can be broadly described as sequences or variations on... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1909-1992)
- Birthplace: Republic of Ireland, Dublin