List of famous people born in 1917, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1917 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1917. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1917, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1917 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List celebs include John F. Kennedy, Ella Fitzgerald and many more.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1917?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Hank Walker/Contributor / The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty ImagesJohn Fitzgerald Kennedy (May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963), often referred to by initials JFK and Jack, was an American politician who served as the 35th president of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963. Kennedy served at the height of the Cold War, and the majority of his work as president dealt with managing relations with the Soviet Union and Cuba. A Democrat, Kennedy represented Massachusetts in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate prior to becoming president. Kennedy was born in Brookline, Massachusetts, and graduated from Harvard University in 1940, before joining the U.S. Naval Reserve the following year. During World War II, he... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 46 (1917-1963)
- Birthplace: USA, Massachussetts, Brookline
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainErnest Borgnine (born January 24, 1917 – July 8, 2012) was an American actor whose career spanned over six decades. He was noted for his gruff but calm voice and gap-toothed Cheshire Cat grin. A popular performer, he also appeared as a guest on numerous talk shows and as a panelist on several game shows. Borgnine's film career began in 1951, and included supporting roles in China Corsair (1951), From Here to Eternity (1953), Vera Cruz (1954), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) and The Wild Bunch (1969). He also played the unconventional lead in many films, winning the Academy Award for Best Actor for Marty (1955). He achieved continuing success in the sitcom McHale's Navy (1962–1966), in which... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 95 (1917-2012)
- Birthplace: Hamden, Connecticut, United States of America
- Photo: Eiga no Tomo / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainSarah Jane Wyman (née Mayfield; January 5, 1917 – September 10, 2007) was an American actress, singer, dancer, and philanthropist whose career spanned seven decades. Winner of the Academy Award for Best Actress for the movie Johnny Belinda in 1948. She was also the first wife of actor Ronald Reagan (later the 40th president of the United States). They married in 1940 and divorced in 1949. Wyman's professional career began at age 16 in 1933, when she signed with Warner Bros. Wyman followed common practice at the time when she added three years to her age. A popular contract player, she frequently played the leading lady, her roles including starring alongside William Hopper in Public Wedding... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 90 (1917-2007)
- Birthplace: Saint Joseph, Missouri, USA
- Jack Roosevelt Robinson (January 31, 1919 – October 24, 1972) was an American professional baseball player who became the first African American to play in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the modern era. Robinson broke the baseball color line when he started at first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947. When the Dodgers signed Robinson, they heralded the end of racial segregation in professional baseball that had relegated black players to the Negro leagues since the 1880s. Robinson was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962.During his 10-year MLB career, Robinson won the inaugural Rookie of the Year Award in 1947, was an All-Star for six consecutive seasons from 1949... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 53 (1919-1972)
- Birthplace: Cairo, Georgia, United States of America