List of famous people born in 1922, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1922 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1922. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1922, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1922 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
You can rank all of these celebs, from Judy Garland to Betty White.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1922?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Brian To/Stringer / Getty Images EntertainmentBetty Marion White Ludden (born January 17, 1922) is an American actress and comedian, with the longest television career of any entertainer, spanning 80 years. Regarded as a pioneer of television, she is one of the first women to have control both in front of and behind the camera and is recognized as the first woman to produce a sitcom (Life with Elizabeth), which contributed to her receiving the honorary title Mayor of Hollywood in 1955.She is known for her award-winning roles as Sue Ann Nivens on The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1973–77) and Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls (1985–92) – the Writers Guild of America has included both sitcoms in its list of the 101 Best Written TV Series of All... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 98
- Birthplace: Oak Park, Illinois, United States of America
- Photo: Lexinatrix / FlickrAva Lavinia Gardner (December 24, 1922 – January 25, 1990) was an American actress and singer. Gardner was signed to a contract with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1941, and appeared mainly in small roles until she drew attention with her performance in The Killers (1946). She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her work in Mogambo (1953), and also received BAFTA Award and Golden Globe Award nominations for other films. Gardner appeared in several high-profile films from the 1940s to 1970s, including The Hucksters (1947), Show Boat (1951), Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (1951), The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952), The Barefoot Contessa (1954), Bhowani Junction (1956), On the Beach... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1922-1990)
- Birthplace: Smithfield, North Carolina, United States of America
- Carlton "Carl" Reiner (March 20, 1922 – June 29, 2020) was an American comedian, actor, director, screenwriter, and publisher whose career spanned seven decades. In the 1960s, Reiner was best known as the creator, producer, writer, and actor on The Dick Van Dyke Show. Reiner formed a comedy duo with Mel Brooks in "2000 Year Old Man" and acted in films such as The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming (1966), and the Ocean's film series (2001–2007). He also co-wrote and directed some of Steve Martin's most successful films, including The Jerk (1979), and also directed notable comedies such as Where's Poppa? (1970), Oh, God! (1977), and All of Me (1984) Reiner has won nine Emmy... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 93
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Beatrice Arthur (born Bernice Frankel; May 13, 1922 – April 25, 2009) was an American actress and comedienne. Arthur began her career on stage in 1947 and made her Broadway debut in The Threepenny Opera in 1954. She won the 1966 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for playing Vera Charles in Mame. She went on to play Maude Findlay on the 1970s sitcoms All in the Family (1971–72) and Maude (1972–78), and Dorothy Zbornak on the 1980s sitcom The Golden Girls (1985–92), winning Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 1977 and 1988. Her film appearances included Lovers and Other Strangers (1970) and Mame (1974). In 2002, she starred in the one-woman show Bea... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 87 (1922-2009)
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York