List of famous people born in 1924, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1924 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1924. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1924, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1924 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
The list you're viewing contains celebs like Marlon Brando and Jimmy Carter.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1924?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainGeorge Herbert Walker Bush (June 12, 1924 – November 30, 2018) was an American politician and businessman who served as the 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993 and the 43rd vice president from 1981 to 1989. A member of the Republican Party, Bush also served in the U.S. House of Representatives, as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, and as Director of Central Intelligence. Until his son George W. Bush became the 43rd president in 2001, he was usually known as George Bush. Bush postponed his university studies after the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, enlisted in the Navy on his 18th birthday, and became one of its youngest aviators. He served until September... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 96
- Birthplace: Milton, Massachusetts, USA
- Doris Day (born April 3, 1922 – May 13, 2019) was an American actress, singer, and animal welfare activist. She began her career as a big band singer in 1939, achieving commercial success in 1945 with two No. 1 recordings, "Sentimental Journey" and "My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time" with Les Brown & His Band of Renown. During the war, troops referred to her as "the American V-2" She left Brown to embark on a solo career and recorded more than 650 songs from 1947 to 1967. Day's film career began during the latter part of the Golden Age of Hollywood with the film Romance on the High Seas (1948), leading to a 20-year career as a motion picture actress. She starred in films of many... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 96
- Birthplace: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
- Eva Marie Saint (born July 4, 1924) is an American actress. In a career spanning 70 years, she is known for starring in Elia Kazan's On the Waterfront (1954), for which she won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, and Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959). She received Golden Globe and BAFTA Award nominations for A Hatful of Rain (1957) and won a Primetime Emmy Award for the television miniseries People Like Us (1990). Her film career also includes roles in Raintree County (1957), Exodus (1960), The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming (1965), Grand Prix (1966), Nothing in Common (1986), Because of Winn-Dixie (2005), Superman Returns (2006), and Winter's Tale (2014).... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 96
- Birthplace: Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: Getty Images / Getty ImagesJohn Carroll O'Connor (August 2, 1924 – June 21, 2001) was an American actor, producer, and director whose television career spanned four decades. A lifelong member of the Actors Studio, in 1970 O'Connor found widespread fame as bigoted working man Archie Bunker, the main character in the CBS television sitcoms All in the Family (1971-79) and its spinoff, Archie Bunker's Place (1979-83). O'Connor later starred in the NBC/CBS television crime drama In the Heat of the Night (1988-95), where he played the role of Sparta, Mississippi police chief William (Bill) Gillespie. At the end of his career in the late 1990s, he played the father of Jamie Buchman (Helen Hunt) on Mad About You. In 1996,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 77 (1924-2001)
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America