List of famous people born in 1926, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1926 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1926. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1926, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1926 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
Everything from Marilyn Monroe to Chuck Berry is included on this list.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1926?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz (American Spanish: [fiˈðel aleˈxandɾo ˈkastɾo ˈrus]; 13 August 1926 – 25 November 2016) was a Cuban communist revolutionary and politician who governed the Republic of Cuba as Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976 and then as President from 1976 to 2008. A Marxist–Leninist and Cuban nationalist, Castro also served as the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba from 1961 until 2011. Under his administration, Cuba became a one-party communist state, while industry and business were nationalized and state socialist reforms were implemented throughout society. Born in Birán, Oriente as the son of a wealthy Spanish farmer, Castro adopted leftist anti-imperialist... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 94
- Birthplace: Birán, Cuba
- Photo: Fredrick Brown / Getty ImagesCloris Leachman (born April 30, 1926) is an American actress and comedian. In a career spanning over seven decades she has won eight Primetime Emmy Awards, a Daytime Emmy Award, and an Academy Award for her role in The Last Picture Show (1971). As Miss Chicago, Leachman competed in the 20th Miss America pageant and placed in the Top 16 in 1946. Her longest-running role was the nosy and cunning landlady Phyllis Lindstrom in the CBS sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spin-off, Phyllis, in the 1970s. She also appeared in three Mel Brooks films, including Young Frankenstein (1974), starred as Beverly Ann Stickle in the NBC sitcom The Facts of Life from 1986 to 1988, and appeared as Granny... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 94
- Birthplace: Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America
- Photo: Mark Mainz / Getty ImagesDonald Jay Rickles (May 8, 1926 – April 6, 2017) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, and author, known especially for his insult comedy. His film roles included Run Silent, Run Deep (1958) with Clark Gable and Kelly's Heroes (1970) with Clint Eastwood, and beginning in 1976 he enjoyed a two-year run starring in the NBC television sitcom C.P.O. Sharkey. Rickles received widespread exposure as a frequent guest on talk and variety shows, including The Dean Martin Show, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and Late Show with David Letterman, and later voiced Mr. Potato Head in the Toy Story franchise. He won a Primetime Emmy Award for the 2007 documentary Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 94
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Elizabeth II (born 21 April 1926) is Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms.Elizabeth was born in London as the first child of the Duke and Duchess of York, later King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, and she was educated privately at home. Her father acceded to the throne on the abdication of his brother King Edward VIII in 1936, from which time she was the heir presumptive. She began to undertake public duties during the Second World War, serving in the Auxiliary Territorial Service. In 1947, she married Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, a former prince of Greece and Denmark, with whom she has four children: Charles, Prince of Wales; Anne, Princess Royal; Prince... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 94
- Birthplace: Mayfair, London, London, England