List of famous people born in 1939, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1939 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1939. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1939, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1939 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different celebs, including Tina Turner and Ian McKellen.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1939?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Dean Arnold Corll (December 24, 1939 – August 8, 1973) was an American serial killer who abducted, raped, tortured, and murdered at least 28 teenage boys and young men between 1970 and 1973 in Houston, Texas. Corll was aided by two teenaged accomplices, David Owen Brooks and Elmer Wayne Henley. The crimes, which became known as the Houston Mass Murders, came to light after Henley fatally shot Corll. Upon discovery, they were considered the worst example of serial murder in U.S. history.Corll's victims were typically lured with an offer of a party or a lift to a succession of addresses in which he resided between 1970 and 1973. They would then be restrained either by force or deception, and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 34 (1939-1973)
- Birthplace: Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Francis Ford Coppola (, Italian: [ˈkɔppola]; born April 7, 1939) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, film composer, and vintner. He was a central figure in the New Hollywood filmmaking movement of the 1960s and 1970s. After directing The Rain People in 1969, Coppola co-wrote Patton (1970), earning the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay along with Edmund H. North. Coppola's reputation as a filmmaker was cemented with the release of The Godfather (1972). The film revolutionized movie-making in the gangster genre, and was adored by the public and critics alike. The Godfather won three Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Adapted Screenplay (shared with... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 81
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainRichard John "Dick" Vitale (; born June 9, 1939), also known as "Dickie V", is an American basketball sportscaster. A former head coach in the college and professional ranks, he is well known as a college basketball broadcaster for ESPN. He is known for catchphrases such as "this is awesome baby" and "diaper dandy" (outstanding freshman player), as well as enthusiastic and colorful remarks he makes during games, and has authored nine books and appeared in several movies.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 81
- Birthplace: Passaic, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYClive James (born 7 October 1939) is an Australian author, critic, broadcaster, poet, translator and memoirist. He has lived and worked in the United Kingdom since 1962.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 81
- Birthplace: Kogarah, Australia