List of famous people born in 1940, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1940 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1940. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1940, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1940 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List celebs include John Lennon, Al Pacino and many more.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1940?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainBarnett Frank (born March 31, 1940) is an American former politician. He served as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Massachusetts from 1981 to 2013. A Democrat, Frank served as chairman of the House Financial Services Committee (2007–2011) and was a leading co-sponsor of the 2010 Dodd–Frank Act, a sweeping reform of the U.S. financial industry. Frank, a resident of Newton, Massachusetts, was considered the most prominent gay politician in the United States.Born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey, Frank graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Law School. He worked as a political aide before winning election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1972. He was... more
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Bayonne, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesJohn Donald Imus Jr. (July 23, 1940 - December 27, 2019) is an American former radio personality, television show host, recording artist, and author. He is known for his radio show Imus in the Morning which aired on various stations and digital platforms nationwide until 2018. He attended broadcasting school in the 1960s and secured his first radio job in 1968 at KUTY in Palmdale, California. Three years later, he landed the morning spot at WNBC in New York City; he was fired in 1977. In 1979, Imus returned to WNBC and stayed at the station until 1988 when the show moved to WFAN. He gained widespread popularity when the show entered national syndication in 1993. He was labelled a "shock... more
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Riverside, California, USA
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYCarlos Slim Helú (born 28 January 1940) is a Mexican business magnate, engineer, investor and philanthropist. From 2010 to 2013, Slim was ranked as the richest person in the world by the Forbes business magazine. He derived his fortune from his extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso. As of April 2019, he is the fifth-richest person in the world according to Forbes' listing of The World's Billionaires, with he and his family having a net worth estimated at $63.1 billion. He is the richest person in Latin America.His conglomerate includes education, health care, industrial manufacturing, transportation, real estate, media,... more
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Mexico City, Mexico
- Sir David John White, (born 2 February 1940), known professionally by his stage name David Jason, is an English actor and comedian. He is best known for his roles has appeared as Derek "Del Boy" Trotter in the BBC comedy series sitcom Only Fools and Horses and Detective Inspector Jack Frost in A Touch of Frost, Granville in Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours, and Pop Larkin in The Darling Buds of May, as well as voicing Mr. Toad in The Wind in the Willows and the title characters of Danger Mouse and Count Duckula. His last original appearance as Del Boy was in 2014, while Jason retired his role as Frost in 2010. In September 2006 Jason topped the poll to find TV's 50 Greatest Stars,... more
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Edmonton, London, England, UK
- Alternative Name: David Jason