List of famous people born in 1940, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1940 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1940. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1940, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1940 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List celebs include John Lennon, Al Pacino and many more.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1940?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAlfredo James Pacino (born April 25, 1940), known professionally as Al Pacino, is an American actor and filmmaker who has had a career spanning more than five decades. He has received numerous accolades and honors both competitive and honorary, among them an Academy Award, two Tony Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a British Academy Film Award, four Golden Globe Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute, the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award and the National Medal of Arts. He is one of few performers to have won a competitive Oscar, an Emmy and a Tony Award for acting, dubbed the "Triple Crown of Acting". A method actor and former student of the HB Studio... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: East Harlem, New York City, USA, New York
- Photo: uploaded by ShaifuddinSabriCarlos Ray Norris (born March 10, 1940) is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he won many martial arts championships and later founded his own school of fighting named Chun Kuk Do. Norris is a black belt in Tang Soo Do, Brazilian jiu jitsu and Judo.Norris appeared in Way of the Dragon alongside Bruce Lee, Good Guys Wear Black, The Octagon, Lone Wolf McQuade, Code of Silence, The Delta Force, and Missing in Action 1, 2, & 3. He was The Cannon Group's leading star in the 1980s. He played the title role in the television series Walker, Texas Ranger from 1993 until 2001. Since 1997, he and model Christie Brinkley... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Ryan, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Photo: George Rinhart / Getty ImagesLee Jun-fan (Chinese: 李振藩; November 27, 1940 – July 20, 1973), known professionally as Bruce Lee (Chinese: 李小龍), was a Hong Kong-American actor, director, martial artist, martial arts instructor, and philosopher. He was the founder of Jeet Kune Do, a hybrid martial arts philosophy drawing from different combat disciplines that is often credited with paving the way for modern mixed martial arts (MMA). Lee is considered by commentators, critics, media, and other martial artists to be the most influential martial artist of all time and a pop culture icon of the 20th century, who bridged the gap between East and West. He is often credited with helping to change the way Asians were presented in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 33 (1940-1973)
- Birthplace: Chinatown, California, United States of America
- George Alexander Trebek (July 22, 1940 - November 8, 2020) was a Canadian-American television personality. He was the host of the syndicated game show Jeopardy! since it was revived in 1984, and also hosted a number of other game shows, including 'The Wizard of Odds', 'Double Dare', 'High Rollers', 'Battlestars', 'Classic Concentration', and 'To Tell the Truth'. Trebek was contracted to host Jeopardy! until 2022. Trebek has also made appearances in numerous television series, in which he usually played himself. He received the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host seven times for his work on Jeopardy!. A native of Canada, he became a naturalized American citizen in 1998.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 80
- Birthplace: Greater Sudbury, Canada