List of famous people born in 1949, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1949 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1949. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1949, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1949 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
List below includes Bruce Springsteen, Meryl Streep and more celebs.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1949?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Ilya Sawenok / Getty ImagesWilliam James O'Reilly Jr. (born September 10, 1949) is an American journalist, author, and former television host. During the late 1970s and 1980s, he reported for local television stations in the United States and later for CBS News and ABC News. He anchored the tabloid television program Inside Edition from 1989 to 1995. O'Reilly joined the Fox News Channel in 1996 and hosted The O'Reilly Factor until 2017. The O'Reilly Factor was the highest-rated cable news show for 16 years, and he was described by media analyst Howard Kurtz as "the biggest star in the 20 year history at Fox News" at the time of his departure. He is the author of numerous books and hosted The Radio Factor... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- David Cross (born April 4, 1964) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, director, and writer, known primarily for his stand-up performances, the HBO sketch comedy series Mr. Show (1995–1999), and his role as Tobias Fünke in the sitcom Arrested Development (2003–2019). Cross created, wrote, executive produced, and starred in The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (2010–2016), developed and had a prominent role in Freak Show (2006), appeared on Modern Family (2011–2012) and portrayed Ian Hawke in the first three live action/CGI films starring Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007–2011). Cross has also done voice work for the sitcom Oliver Beene (2003–2004), and has had lead voice-over... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949), nicknamed "The Boss", is an American singer-songwriter who is a solo artist and is the leader of the E Street Band. Springsteen received critical acclaim for his early 1970s albums and attained worldwide fame upon the release of Born to Run in 1975. During a career that has spanned five decades, Springsteen has become known for his poetic and socially conscious lyrics and for his lengthy, energetic stage performances. He has recorded both rock albums and folk-oriented works, and his lyrics often address the experiences and struggles of working-class Americans. Springsteen has sold more than 135 million records worldwide and more... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: Long Branch, New Jersey, United States of America
- Photo: Myrna Suarez/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentWilliam Martin Joel (born May 9, 1949) is an American singer-songwriter, composer, and pianist. Commonly nicknamed the "Piano Man" after his first hit and signature song of the same name, he has led a commercially successful career as a solo artist since the 1970s, having released twelve studio albums from 1971 to 1993. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time as well as the sixth best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States, with over 150 million records sold worldwide. His 1985 compilation album, Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2, is one of the best-selling albums in the US.Joel was born in 1949 in The Bronx, New York, and grew up on Long... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York