Famous People Born in 1956
List of famous people born in 1956, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1956 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1956. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1956, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1956 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
Examples include Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1956?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Sunset Boulevard / Getty ImagesCarrie Frances Fisher (October 21, 1956 – December 27, 2016) was an American actress, writer, and comedian. Fisher is best known for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars films, a role for which she was nominated for four Saturn Awards. Her other film credits include Shampoo (1975), The Blues Brothers (1980), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), The 'Burbs (1989), When Harry Met Sally... (1989), Soapdish (1991), and The Women (2008). She was nominated twice for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her performances on the television series 30 Rock and Catastrophe. She was posthumously made a Disney Legend in 2017, and in 2018 she was awarded a posthumous ...more
- Age: Dec. at 60 (1956-2016)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California, Beverly Hills
- Photo: Jesse Grant / Getty ImagesWilliam Maher (born January 20, 1956) is an American comedian, actor, political commentator, and television host. He is known for the HBO political talk show Real Time with Bill Maher (2003–present) and the similar late-night show called Politically Incorrect (1993–2002), originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC. Maher is known for his political satire and sociopolitical commentary. He targets many topics including religion, political correctness, and the mass media. His critical views of religion were the basis for his 2008 documentary film Religulous.
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: New York, New York
- Photo: David Livingston / Getty Images
Bo DerekBo Derek (born Mary Cathleen Collins; November 20, 1956) is an American film and television actress, film producer, and model perhaps best known for her breakthrough film role in the sex comedy 10 (1979). She was directed by husband John Derek in Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981), Bolero (1984) and Ghosts Can't Do It (1989), all of which received negative reviews. A widow since 1998, she lives with actor John Corbett. Now in semi-retirement, she makes occasional film, television, and documentary appearances.
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: USA, Long Beach, California
- Photo: s_bukley / ShutterstockDana Welles Delany (born March 13, 1956) is an American actress, producer, and activist. After appearing in small roles early in her career, Delany received her breakthrough role as Colleen McMurphy on the ABC television drama China Beach (1988–1991), for which she twice received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in 1989 and 1992. She received further recognition for her appearances in the films Light Sleeper (1992), Tombstone (1993), Exit to Eden (1994), The Margaret Sanger Story (1995), Fly Away Home (1996), True Women (1997), and Wide Awake (1998). In the 2000s, Delany appeared in main roles on several short-lived television series, including ...more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
- Photo: Alberto Rodriguez / Getty ImagesBryan Lee Cranston (born March 7, 1956) is an American actor and director. He played Walter White on the AMC series Breaking Bad (2008–2013), Hal on the Fox sitcom Malcolm in the Middle (2000–2006), and Dr. Tim Whatley on the NBC sitcom Seinfeld (1989–1998). His performance on Breaking Bad is widely regarded as one of the best performances in television history. For Breaking Bad, Cranston won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series four times (2008, 2009, 2010, and 2014), the first three of which were consecutive wins—the second time in television history after Bill Cosby in I Spy during the 1960s. After becoming a producer of the show in 2011, he also won the ...more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Hollywood, California, USA
- Photo: Ricky Brigante / flickr / CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0Andrés Arturo García Menéndez (born April 12, 1956) is an American actor and director of Cuban and English descent, who became known in the late 1980s and 1990s, having appeared in successful Hollywood films, including The Godfather Part III, The Untouchables, Internal Affairs and When a Man Loves a Woman. In the 2000s, he starred in Ocean's Eleven and its sequels:, Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen, and in The Lost City. In recent years he's had a career resurgence in such films as Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Book Club, The Mule, and My Dinner with Hervé. García was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Vincent Mancini in The Godfather Part III. He ...more
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: La Havana, Cuba