List of famous people born in 1956, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1956 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1956. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1956, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1956 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
Examples include Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1956?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Sunset Boulevard / Getty ImagesCarrie Frances Fisher (October 21, 1956 – December 27, 2016) was an American actress, writer, and comedian. Fisher is best known for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars films, a role for which she was nominated for four Saturn Awards. Her other film credits include Shampoo (1975), The Blues Brothers (1980), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), The 'Burbs (1989), When Harry Met Sally... (1989), Soapdish (1991), and The Women (2008). She was nominated twice for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her performances on the television series 30 Rock and Catastrophe. She was posthumously made a Disney Legend in 2017, and in 2018 she was awarded a posthumous... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, California, United States of America
- Photo: Jesse Grant / Getty ImagesWilliam Maher (; born January 20, 1956) is an American comedian, political commentator, and television host. He is known for the HBO political talk show Real Time with Bill Maher (2003–present) and the similar late-night show called Politically Incorrect (1993–2002), originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC. Maher is known for his sarcastic attitude, political satire and sociopolitical commentary. He targets many topics including religion, political correctness and the mass media.Maher supports the legalization of cannabis, serving on the advisory board of NORML. His critical views of religion were the basis for the 2008 documentary film Religulous. He is a supporter of animal rights,... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Photo: David Livingston / Getty Images
Bo DerekBo Derek (born Mary Cathleen Collins; November 20, 1956) is an American film and television actress, film producer, and model perhaps best known for her breakthrough film role in the sex comedy 10 (1979). She was directed by husband John Derek in Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981), Bolero (1984) and Ghosts Can't Do It (1989), all of which received negative reviews. A widow since 1998, she lives with actor John Corbett. Now in semi-retirement, she makes occasional film, television, and documentary appearances.... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Long Beach, California, USA
- Photo: s_bukley / ShutterstockDana Welles Delany (born March 13, 1956) is an American actress, producer, and activist. After appearing in small roles early in her career, Delany received her breakthrough role as Colleen McMurphy on the ABC television drama China Beach (1988–1991), for which she twice received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in 1989 and 1992. She received further recognition for her appearances in the films Light Sleeper (1992), Tombstone (1993), Exit to Eden (1994), The Margaret Sanger Story (1995), Fly Away Home (1996), True Women (1997), and Wide Awake (1998). In the 2000s, Delany appeared in main roles on several short-lived television series, including... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA