List of famous people born in 1959, with photos when available. This list of celebrities born in 1959 is loosely ordered by popularity, so the most well-known people are at the top. All sorts of men and women are featured on this list, including actors, singers, musicians and athletes born in 1959. Various bits of information are available for these prominent people whose birth year is 1959, such as what schools they went to and where they were born. If you're looking for a particular famous person born in 1959 you can type their name into the "search" bar and it will take you right to them.
Celebs on this list include Magic Johnson and Hugh Laurie.If you're trying to answer the question, "Which celebrities were born in 1959?" then this list should be a perfect resource for you.
- Photo: Stuart Wilson / Getty ImagesBenjamin Charles Elton (born 3 May 1959) is a British-Australian comedian, author, playwright, actor and director. He was a part of London's alternative comedy movement of the 1980s and became a writer on series such as The Young Ones and Blackadder, as well as continuing as a stand-up comedian on stage and television. His style in the 1980s was left-wing political satire. Since then he has published 15 novels and written the musicals We Will Rock You (2002) and Love Never Dies (2010), the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. His novels cover the dystopian, comedy, and crime genres.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Catford, London, United Kingdom
- Aidan Quinn (born March 8, 1959) is an Irish-American actor, who made his film debut in Reckless (1984). He has starred in over 80 feature films, including Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), The Mission (1986), Stakeout (1987), Avalon (1990), Benny & Joon (1993), Legends of the Fall (1994), Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994), Michael Collins (1996), Practical Magic (1998), Song for a Raggy Boy (2003) and Unknown (2011). Quinn has received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations for his work in An Early Frost (1985) and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007). He played Captain Thomas "Tommy" Gregson in the CBS television series Elementary (2012–2019).... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Apollonia Kotero (born Patricia Kotero; August 2, 1959) is an American singer, actress, former model and talent manager. She is known for co-starring in Prince's 1984 film Purple Rain and for having been the lead singer of the girl group Apollonia 6.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 61
- Birthplace: USA, California, Santa Monica
- Bryan Guy Adams (born 5 November 1959) is a Canadian singer, songwriter, record producer, guitarist, photographer, philanthropist and activist. He rose to fame in Canada and the United States with his 1983 album Cuts Like a Knife and turned into a global star with his 1984 album Reckless, which produced some of his best known songs, including "Run to You", "Summer of '69" and his first number one, "Heaven". In 1991, he released the album Waking Up the Neighbours, which included the song "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You". The song became a worldwide hit and reached number 1 in many countries, including a new record of 16 consecutive weeks in the United Kingdom. Adams also had the U.S.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Kingston, Canada