List of famous people buried in Albany Rural Cemetery, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Celebrities are often buried in the highest caliber cemeteries, mausoleums and tombs, which is why we've created this list of celebrities buried in Albany Rural Cemetery. If you're ever visiting Albany Rural Cemetery and want to check out historic graves, then use this list to pinpoint exactly which burial locations you want to see.
List is made up of people like Chester A. Arthur and Ellen Lewis Herndon Arthur.
This list answers the questions "Which famous people are buried in Albany Rural Cemetery?" and "Which celebrities are buried in Albany Rural Cemetery?"From celebrity tombs at Albany Rural Cemetery to legendary locals, these are the most well-known people whose final resting place is Albany Rural Cemetery. You can find useful information below for these notable people buried in Albany Rural Cemetery, like what year and where the person was born.
- Chester Alan Arthur (October 5, 1829 – November 18, 1886) was an American attorney and politician who served as the 21st president of the United States from 1881 to 1885. He previously was the 20th vice president of the United States, and he succeeded to the presidency upon the death of President James A. Garfield in September 1881, two months after Garfield was shot by an assassin. Arthur was born in Fairfield, Vermont, grew up in upstate New York, and practiced law in New York City. He served as quartermaster general of the New York Militia during the American Civil War. Following the war, he devoted more time to Republican politics and quickly rose in New York Senator Roscoe Conkling's... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 57 (1829-1886)
- Birthplace: Fairfield, Vermont, United States of America
- Ellen Lewis "Nell" Arthur (née Herndon; August 30, 1837 – January 12, 1880) was the wife of the 21st President of the United States, Chester A. Arthur. She died of pneumonia in January 1880; her husband was elected vice-president that November. He succeeded to the presidency in September 1881 when President James Garfield was assassinated. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 43 (1837-1880)
- Birthplace: Culpeper, Virginia
Howard TownsendHoward Townsend (November 22, 1823 – January 16, 1867) was a physician practicing in Albany, New York. He was a professor at the Albany Medical College and a member of the staff at the Albany Hospital.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 44 (1823-1867)
- Birthplace: Albany, New York
Adolph von SteinwehrBaron Adolph Wilhelm August Friedrich von Steinwehr (September 25, 1822 – February 25, 1877) was a German-Brunswick army officer who emigrated to the United States, became a geographer, cartographer, and author, and served as a Union general in the American Civil War.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 55 (1822-1877)
- Birthplace: Blankenburg (Harz), Germany