List of famous people buried in Fairmount Cemetery, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Celebrities are often buried in the highest caliber cemeteries, mausoleums and tombs, which is why we've created this list of celebrities buried in Fairmount Cemetery. If you're ever visiting Fairmount Cemetery and want to check out historic graves, then use this list to pinpoint exactly which burial locations you want to see.
Harriet Adams and Orlando Ward are a great starting point for your to rank your favorites on this list
This list answers the questions "Which famous people are buried in Fairmount Cemetery?" and "Which celebrities are buried in Fairmount Cemetery?"From celebrity tombs at Fairmount Cemetery to legendary locals, these are the most well-known people whose final resting place is Fairmount Cemetery. You can find useful information below for these notable people buried in Fairmount Cemetery, like what year and where the person was born.
- George VanStavoren Kelley (March 23, 1843 – November 4, 1905) was a line officer in the Union Army during the American Civil War. He received the Medal of Honor for gallantry at the Battle of Franklin during the 1864 Franklin-Nashville Campaign.... more
- Age: Dec. at 62 (1843-1905)
- Birthplace: Massillon, Ohio
- Major General Orlando Ward (November 4, 1891 – February 4, 1972) was a career United States Army officer who fought in both World War I and World War II. During the latter, as a major general, he commanded the 1st Armored Division during Operation Torch and during the first few months of the Tunisia Campaign, before being relieved in March 1943. He trained and returned to Europe in 1945 as commander of the 20th Armored Division. Ward also served as Secretary to the Army Chief of Staff, General George Marshall, in the critical years prior to the war and made major contributions to field artillery procedures in the 1930s that, a decade later, made the American field artillery especially... more
- Age: Dec. at 80 (1891-1972)
- Birthplace: Macon, Missouri
Irving HaleIrving Hale (August 28, 1861 – July 26, 1930) was a brigadier general of the United States of America who served in the Philippines during the Spanish–American War and the early stages of the Philippine–American War.... more
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1861-1930)
- Birthplace: New York
James H. TurpinFirst Sergeant James H. Turpin (1846 – May 6, 1893) was an American soldier in the United States Army who served with the fifth U.S. Cavalry regiment during the Apache Wars. Turpin was one of 12 men received the Medal of Honor for gallantry in several engagements with the Apache Indians in the Arizona Territory during Lieutenant Colonel George Crook's "winter campaign" between 1872 and 1873.... more
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1846-1893)
- Birthplace: Easton, Massachusetts