List of famous people buried in Isle of Wight, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Celebrities are often buried in the highest caliber cemeteries, mausoleums and tombs, which is why we've created this list of celebrities buried in Isle of Wight. If you're ever visiting Isle of Wight and want to check out historic graves, then use this list to pinpoint exactly which burial locations you want to see.
This list below has a variety of people in it, from Daniel Asher Alexander to Prince Henry of Battenberg.
This list answers the questions "Which famous people are buried in Isle of Wight?" and "Which celebrities are buried in Isle of Wight?"From celebrity tombs at Isle of Wight to legendary locals, these are the most well-known people whose final resting place is Isle of Wight. You can find useful information below for these notable people buried in Isle of Wight, like what year and where the person was born.
- Daniel Asher Alexander was a British architect and engineer, born in London.... more
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1768-1846)
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Prince Henry of Battenberg (Henry Maurice; 5 October 1858 – 20 January 1896) was a morganatic descendant of the Grand Ducal House of Hesse. He became a member of the British Royal Family by marriage to Queen Victoria's youngest child, Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom.... more
- Age: Dec. at 38 (1858-1896)
- Birthplace: Milan, Italy
- Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine, later Victoria Mountbatten, Marchioness of Milford Haven (Victoria Alberta Elisabeth Mathilde Marie; 5 April 1863 – 24 September 1950) was the eldest daughter of Louis IV, Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine (1837–1892), and his first wife Princess Alice of the United Kingdom (1843–1878), daughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Her mother died while her brother and sisters were still young, which placed her in an early position of responsibility over her siblings. Over her father's disapproval, she married his first cousin Prince Louis of Battenberg, an officer in the United Kingdom's Royal Navy, and lived most of her... more
- Age: Dec. at 87 (1863-1950)
- Birthplace: Windsor, United Kingdom
- Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke, (born Prince Alexander of Battenberg; 23 November 1886 – 23 February 1960) was a British Royal Navy officer, a member of the Hessian princely Battenberg family and a grandson of Queen Victoria. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1886-1960)
- Birthplace: Windsor Castle, Windsor, United Kingdom