List of famous people from Seattle, including photos when available. The people below are listed by their popularity, so the most recognizable names are at the top of the list. Some of the people below are celebrities born in Seattle, while others are simply notable locals. If you're from Seattle you might already know that these prominent figures are also from your hometown, but some of the names below may really surprise you. This list includes people who were born and raised in Seattle, as well as those who were born there but moved away at a young age.
Holly Brooks and James Edwards are included on this list along with many more.
If you want to answer the questions, "Which famous people are from Seattle?" or "Which celebrities were born in Seattle?" then this list is a great resource for you. When you're done, head over and check out the best places to live in Washington.
- Carol Elaine Channing (January 31, 1921 – January 15, 2019) was an American actress, singer, dancer, and comedian, known for starring in Broadway and film musicals. Her characters usually radiated a ...more
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan (born April 22, 1966) is an American actor of film and television. He is known for his roles as John Winchester in the fantasy horror series Supernatural (2005–2007; 2019), Denny ...more
- Bianca Maria Kajlich ( KY-lik; born March 26, 1977) is an American actress. Kajlich has had starring and supporting roles in television and film including the role of Jennifer on the CBS comedy Rules ...more
- Christopher John Cornell (né Boyle; July 20, 1964 – May 18, 2017) was an American musician, singer and songwriter. He was best known as the lead vocalist for the rock bands Soundgarden and ...more
- Jonathan Anthony Wisniski (born September 20, 1951) is an American professional wrestler, better known as Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. He is the son of wrestler Johnny Valentine. In the course of his ...more
- Ronald Edward Santo (February 25, 1940 – December 3, 2010) was an American Major League Baseball (MLB) third baseman who played for the Chicago Cubs from 1960 through 1973 and the Chicago White Sox ...more
- Princess Salwa Aga Khan (born Kendra Spears August 5, 1988) is an American fashion model and the wife of Prince Rahim Aga Khan.
- Mario Francesco Batali (born September 19, 1960) is an American chef, writer, restaurateur, and media personality. Batali formerly co-owned restaurants in New York City; Las Vegas; Los Angeles and ...more
- Gregory Carl "Ray J" Johnson (born July 30, 1954), (Capt, USNR, Ret.), is a former American naval officer and aviator, test pilot, aerospace engineer, and NASA astronaut. He spent his military career ...more
- For the Scottish writer (born 1955), see John Burnside.John Lyon Burnside III (November 2, 1916 – September 14, 2008) was the inventor of the teleidoscope, the darkfield kaleidoscope and the ...more
- Larry Tee (born October 12, 1959) is a Berlin-based DJ, club promoter, and music producer who curated the electroclash scene in New York in the early 2000s, and helped launch the careers of such ...more
- Kerwin Mathews (January 8, 1926 – July 5, 2007) was an American actor best known for playing the titular heroes in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958), The Three Worlds of Gulliver (1960) and Jack the ...more
- Will Roscoe (February 8, 1955) is an American activist, scholar, and author based in San Francisco, California.
- Sanjaya Joseph Malakar (born September 10, 1989) is an American singer, who was a finalist on the sixth season of American Idol. He gained national attention on the series, controversially advancing ...more
- Jean Elizabeth Spangler (September 2, 1923 – disappeared October 7, 1949) was an American dancer, model, and actress who appeared in bit parts in several Hollywood films in the late 1940s. She ...more
- Michael Andrew "Duff" McKagan (born February 5, 1964), sometimes credited as Duff "Rose" McKagan, is an American multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter and author. He is best known for his ...more
- Sam Barlow Williams (7 May 1921 in Seattle, Washington – 22 June 2009 in Indian Wells, California) was an American inventor and founder of Williams International. He was particularly known for his ...more
- Michael Paul Bertiaux (born January 18, 1935) is an American occultist and Old Catholic Bishop, known for his book Voudon Gnostic Workbook (1988), a 615-page compendium of various occult lessons and ...more
- Kenneth Bruce Gorelick (born June 5, 1956), better known by his stage name Kenny G, is an American saxophonist. His 1986 album, Duotones, brought him commercial success. Kenny G is one of the ...more
- Phillip David Cagan (April 30, 1927 – June 15, 2012) was an American scholar and author. He was Professor of Economics Emeritus at Columbia University.
- Hiro Yamamoto (山本 紘, Yamamoto Hiro, born April 13, 1961) is an American bassist who was a founding member of grunge band Soundgarden, along with Kim Thayil and Chris Cornell in 1984. He left the band ...more
- Thomas Foster Hamilton (July 28, 1894 – August 12, 1969) was a pioneering aviator and the founder of the Hamilton Standard Company.Since 1930, Hamilton Standard (now Hamilton Sundstrand) was involved ...more
- Karen K. Narasaki (born April 4, 1958) is an American civil rights leader and human rights activist. In July 2014 President Barack Obama appointed Narasaki to serve as a Commissioner on the United ...more
- John Maeda (born 1966) is an American executive, designer, technologist. His work explores the area where business, design, and technology merge to make space for the "humanist technologist." He is ...more
- Francis Xavier Waldron (August 10, 1905 – January 31, 1961), best known by the pseudonym Eugene Dennis and Tim Ryan, was an American communist politician and union organizer, best remembered as the ...more