Sometimes, age really is just a number. But these healthy old celebrities seem to be defying time like no others. These classic celebrities are vibrant, full of life, and absolutely refuse to take orders from Father Time. They sing, they run major corporations, they act in big-time movies, and they tell jokes to sold out stadiums. Nobody cares that they are all card carrying members of the AARP - they have more joie de vivre than most 30 year olds.
It’s hard to believe that Tony Bennett is pushing 90 and is out touring with Lady Gaga. Or that Clint Eastwood is in his mid-eighties and still directs a film almost every year. And can you believe that Cher just landed a deal to become the new face of Marc Jacobs?
Most Americans retire from their full-time job around the age of 65. But don’t tell that to media magnate Sumner Redstone, who is in his nineties, and still continues to run both Viacom and CBS. Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan can’t be dragged from life on the road, and they both sound just as good now as they did in their salad days in the 1960s.This list may be about famous people who could live to 100, but for some of these hard-working folks, 100-years-old may not even seem like a challenge. Be sure to vote up your favorites, and let us know in the comments section if we missed any vivacious celebs who are aging well!
- Betty White may be in her 90s, but the Golden Girl moves around like a woman half her age. The actress just finished her run five year run as Elka Ostrovsky on the comedy series Hot in Cleveland. White has well over 100 acting credits to her name.
- Elizabeth II (born 21 April 1926) is Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms.Elizabeth was born in London as the first child of the Duke and Duchess of York, later King George ...more
- The British born actress may be in her nineties, but that hasn't stopped her from continuing to perform. The two-time Tony Award winner is known for her work on stage, screen, and of course television (Murder She Wrote.) Lansbury is currently in her eighth decade of entertainment.
- Robert William Barker (born December 12, 1923) is a retired American television game show host. He is known for hosting CBS's The Price Is Right from 1972 to 2007, making it the longest-running ...more
- Morgan Freeman could narrate the phonebook and it would sound like a symphony orchestra. The Academy Award winner may be nearing 80, but he still has five feature length film projects slated for release in 2015 and 2016.
- Richard Wayne Van Dyke (born December 13, 1925) is an American actor, comedian, singer, and dancer, whose entertainment career has spanned seven decades. He first gained recognition on radio and ...more
- James Earl Carter Jr. (born October 1, 1924) is an American politician and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981. A member of the Democratic Party, he ...more
- Not a lot of directors work past their 60s. Although the Hollywood legend stated that he was done with acting after 2012's Trouble with the Curve, Eastwood shows no signs of slowing down behind the camera. In 2014 the Academy Award winner helmed two large scale films, the musical, Jersey Boys, and the war movie, American Sniper.
- Eleanor Rosalynn Carter (née Smith; born August 18, 1927) is an American who served as First Lady of the United States from 1977 to 1981, as the wife of President Jimmy Carter. For decades, she has ...more
- "Luke, I am your father" may be the most famous line from any movie in cinema history. Not only did Jones provide the iconic voice of Darth Vader, but his pipe's also provided the voice for Mufasa in The Lion King. He is currently filming the television series Agent X starring Sharon Stone.
- Kirk Douglas (December 9, 1916-February 5, 2020) was an American actor, filmmaker, and author. He had his film debut in The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) with Barbara Stanwyck. Douglas soon ...more
- Sidney Poitier KBE (February 20, 1927 – January 6, 2022) was a Bahamian-American actor, film director, and ambassador. In 1964, he was the first African American and first Bahamian to win the Academy ...more
- Sir Michael Caine successfully made the transition from leading man to supporting player. The British star has over 160 acting credits and two films already planned for 2016.Sir Michael Caine (born 14 March 1933) is an English actor, producer and author. He has appeared in more than 130 films in a career spanning 70 years and is considered a British film icon. Known for ...more
- Robert Joseph Dole (July 22, 1923 – December 5, 2021) was an American politician and attorney who represented Kansas in the United States Senate from 1969 to 1996. He was the Republican Leader of the ...more
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark; 10 June 1921 – 9 April 2021), was a member of the British royal family as the husband of Elizabeth II. Philip was born into ...more
- Who has a sweeter singing voice than Tony Bennett? The nearly 90-year-old singer still has that smooth sound today. Bennett is still touring and has recently teamed up with Lady Gaga to sell out crowds around the country.
- 17Walter Frederick "Fritz" Mondale (January 5, 1928 – April 19, 2021) was an American politician, diplomat, and lawyer who served as the 42nd vice president of the United States from 1977 to 1981 under ...more
- Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber ; December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018) was an American comic book writer, editor, publisher, and producer. He rose through the ranks of a family-run business to ...more
- The comedy legend (Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs) is approaching 90. However, Brooks is still popping up in projects. He recently made an appearance on Billy Chrystal's television show, The Comedians.
- The "King of Calypso" has been making Caribbean music popular since the 1950s. "Day-O." Belafonte has won three Grammys, an Emmy, and a Tony. The Civil Rights activist may be nearing 90, but he continues to stay involved in both politics and entertainment.
Dame Judi Dench continues to be one of the most prolific actresses working today. The Academy Award winner may be 80-years-old, but she already has two film projects planned for next year.
- Sir Patrick Stewart (born 13 July 1940) is an English actor whose work has included roles on stage, television, and film in a career spanning almost six decades. He has been nominated for Olivier, ...more
- Henry Louis Aaron (February 5, 1934 – January 22, 2021), nicknamed "Hammer" or "Hammerin' Hank," was an American Major League Baseball (MLB) right fielder who served as the senior vice president of ...more
- Luigina Lollobrigida (born July 4, 1927) is an Italian actress, photojournalist and sculptor. She was one of the highest profile European actresses of the 1950s and early 1960s, a period in which she ...more
- Sir Thomas Sean Connery (25 August 1930 – 31 October 2020) was a retired Scottish actor and producer, who during his life won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards, one being a BAFTA Academy Fellowship ...more