Sometimes, age really is just a number. But these healthy old celebrities seem to be defying time like no others. These classic celebrities are vibrant, full of life, and absolutely refuse to take orders from Father Time. They sing, they run major corporations, they act in big-time movies, and they tell jokes to sold out stadiums. Nobody cares that they are all card carrying members of the AARP - they have more joie de vivre than most 30 year olds.
It’s hard to believe that Tony Bennett is pushing 90 and is out touring with Lady Gaga. Or that Clint Eastwood is in his mid-eighties and still directs a film almost every year. And can you believe that Cher just landed a deal to become the new face of Marc Jacobs?
Most Americans retire from their full-time job around the age of 65. But don’t tell that to media magnate Sumner Redstone, who is in his nineties, and still continues to run both Viacom and CBS. Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan can’t be dragged from life on the road, and they both sound just as good now as they did in their salad days in the 1960s.This list may be about famous people who could live to 100, but for some of these hard-working folks, 100-years-old may not even seem like a challenge. Be sure to vote up your favorites, and let us know in the comments section if we missed any vivacious celebs who are aging well!
- 1Age: 98Betty White may be in her 90s, but the Golden Girl moves around like a woman half her age. The actress just finished her run five year run as Elka Ostrovsky on the comedy series Hot in Cleveland. White has well over 100 acting credits to her name.
Birthplace: Oak Park, Illinois, United States of America
- 2Elizabeth II (born 21 April 1926) is Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth... moreAge: 94
Birthplace: Mayfair, London, London, England
- 3Age: 83Morgan Freeman could narrate the phonebook and it would sound like a symphony orchestra. The Academy Award winner may be nearing 80, but he still has five feature length film projects slated for release in 2015 and 2016.
Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
- 4Richard Wayne Van Dyke (born December 13, 1925) is an American actor, comedian, singer, and... moreAge: 94
Birthplace: West Plains, Missouri, USA
- 5Kirk Douglas (December 9, 1916-February 5, 2020) was an American actor, filmmaker, and author.... morevoting closed at #5Age: 103
Birthplace: Amsterdam, New York, United States of America
- 6Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber ; December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018) was an American... morevoting closed at #6Age: 97
Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- 7Age: 94The British born actress may be in her nineties, but that hasn't stopped her from continuing to perform. The two-time Tony Award winner is known for her work on stage, screen, and of course television (Murder She Wrote.) Lansbury is currently in her eighth decade of entertainment.
Birthplace: Poplar, London, United Kingdom
- 8Age: 90Not a lot of directors work past their 60s. Although the Hollywood legend stated that he was done with acting after 2012's Trouble with the Curve, Eastwood shows no signs of slowing down behind the camera. In 2014 the Academy Award winner helmed two large scale films, the musical, Jersey Boys, and the war movie, American Sniper.
Birthplace: California, United States of America
- 9Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, 10 June 1921), is... more
Birthplace: Mon Repos, Corfu
- 10Age: 94Who has a sweeter singing voice than Tony Bennett? The nearly 90-year-old singer still has that smooth sound today. Bennett is still touring and has recently teamed up with Lady Gaga to sell out crowds around the country.
Birthplace: Astoria, New York City, New York, United States of America
- 11Age: 87Sir Michael Caine successfully made the transition from leading man to supporting player. The British star has over 160 acting credits and two films already planned for 2016.
Birthplace: Rotherhithe, England, London
- 12Age: 89"Luke, I am your father" may be the most famous line from any movie in cinema history. Not only did Jones provide the iconic voice of Darth Vader, but his pipe's also provided the voice for Mufasa in The Lion King. He is currently filming the television series Agent X starring Sharon Stone.
Birthplace: Arkabutla, Mississippi, United States of America
- 13Harrison Ford (born July 13, 1942) is an American actor. He gained worldwide fame for his... moreAge: 78
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- 14Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot (French: [bʁiʒit baʁdo]; born 28 September 1934), often referred to... moreAge: 86
Birthplace: Paris, France
- 15Age: 94The comedy legend (Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs) is approaching 90. However, Brooks is still popping up in projects. He recently made an appearance on Billy Chrystal's television show, The Comedians.
Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York
- 16Sir Thomas Sean Connery (born 25 August 1930) is a retired Scottish actor and producer, who... moreAge: 90
Birthplace: Fountainbridge, United Kingdom
- 17Sir Patrick Stewart (born 13 July 1940) is an English actor whose work has included roles on... moreAge: 80
Birthplace: Mirfield, United Kingdom
- 18Dame Helen Lydia Mirren, (born 26 July 1945) is an English actor. Mirren began her acting... moreAge: 75
Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom
- 19Age: 85
Dame Judi Dench continues to be one of the most prolific actresses working today. The Academy Award winner may be 80-years-old, but she already has two film projects planned for next year.
Birthplace: Eurasia, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom, with Dependencies and Territories
- 20Carlos Ray Norris (born March 10, 1940) is an American martial artist, actor, film producer... moreAge: 80
Birthplace: Ryan, Oklahoma, United States of America
- 21Sir Sidney Poitier, (; born February 20, 1927) is a Bahamian-American actor and film... moreAge: 93
Birthplace: Miami, Florida, United States of America
- 22Age: 90Canadian born actor Christopher Plummer took home a Best Supporting Academy Award at the age of 82 for his performance in 2010's film, Beginners. He was the second oldest actor (Charlie Chaplin is the oldest) to ever win an Oscar. But, not even Academy gold and over 200 acting credits can slow Plummer down.
Birthplace: Toronto, Canada
- 23Donald McNichol Sutherland, (born 17 July 1935) is a Canadian actor whose film career spans... moreAge: 85
- 24Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins (born 31 December 1937) is a Welsh actor, director, and producer.... moreAge: 82
Birthplace: Margam, United Kingdom
- 25Age: 91
Barbara Walters paved the way for women in the world of journalism. She was the first ever female co-anchor of a network evening news show. The icon worked for 11 years on The Today Show and also created The View. She may have recently retired from her co-hosting duties on The View, but doesn't mean that she retired from journalism.
The 85-year-old is set to work on a six-part series for ABC called American Scandal. The show will revisit stories that Walters had previously covered. The former co-anchor will share her personal experiences and insights on the famous crimes of people like Jean Harris and Mark David Chapman.
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America