There are a lot famous people named John out there. How many celebrities named John can you think of? The famous Johns below have many different professions, as this list includes notable actors named John, athletes named John, comedians named John, and even political figures named John. Below you'll see also famous Johnnys, Jonathans, and Jons.
John Travolta has had a pretty long career. Known for his dance moves and good looks, Grease and Saturday Night Fever were his rise to fame. He's also starred in Pulp Fiction and has been in the news for being a Scientologist. And everyone knows of John Lennon. One of the most popular members of the cultural phenomenon, The Beatles. Even after his infamous murder, he is still celebrated every year in Central Park in a dedicated spot called "Strawberry Fields." There are also politicians named John, directors named John, and famous footballers named John.
And, of course, this list wouldn't be complete without John F. Kennedy. President JFK was the 35th to take office. Some of his accomplishments before his assassination were advancements in the Space Race and establishment of the Peace Corps.
Did we forget your favorite famous person whose name is John? Add them to the list!
- John Winston Ono Lennon (born John Winston Lennon, 9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980) was an English singer, songwriter and peace activist who gained worldwide fame as the rhythm guitarist for the ...more
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy (May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963), often referred to by initials JFK and Jack, was an American politician who served as the 35th president of the United States from January ...more
- John Felix Anthony Cena Jr. (; born April 23, 1977) is an American professional wrestler, actor, rapper, and TV personality. As a wrestler, he is currently signed to WWE. As a TV personality, he is ...more
- John Christopher Depp II (born June 9, 1963) is an American actor, producer, and musician. He has been nominated for 10 Golden Globe Awards, winning one for Best Actor for his performance of the ...more
- John R. "Johnny" Cash (February 26, 1932 – September 12, 2003) was an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and author. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold ...more
- Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), known professionally as John Wayne and nicknamed Duke, was an American actor, filmmaker, and Presidential Medal ...more
- Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. (December 31, 1943 – October 12, 1997), known professionally as John Denver, was an American singer-songwriter, record producer, actor, activist, and humanitarian, whose ...more
- John Adams Jr. (October 30, 1735 – July 4, 1826) was an American statesman, attorney, diplomat, writer, and Founding Father who served as the second president of the United States from 1797 to 1801. ...more
- John Joseph Travolta (born February 18, 1954) is an American actor, film producer, dancer, and singer. Travolta rose to fame during the 1970s, appearing on the television series Welcome Back, Kotter ...more
- John Burke Krasinski (; born October 20, 1979) is an American actor, director, producer and screenwriter. Besides appearing in and making feature films, he is known for his role as Jim Halpert on the ...more
- John the Baptist (Hebrew: יוחנן המטביל Yokhanan HaMatbil, Ancient Greek: Ἰωάννης ὁ βαπτιστής, Iōánnēs ho baptistḗs or Ἰωάννης ὁ βαπτίζων, Iōánnēs ho baptízōn, Coptic: ⲓⲱⲁⲛⲛⲏⲥ ⲡⲓⲡⲣⲟⲇⲣⲟⲙⲟⲥ or ⲓⲱ̅ⲁ ...more
- John Roger Stephens (born December 28, 1978), known professionally as John Legend, is an American singer, songwriter, producer, actor, and philanthropist. Prior to the release of Legend's debut ...more
- John Francis Bongiovi Jr. (born March 2, 1962), known professionally as Jon Bon Jovi, is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, philanthropist, and actor. Bon Jovi is best known as the ...more
- John Marwood Cleese (; born 27 October 1939) is an English actor, voice actor, comedian, screenwriter, and producer. He achieved success at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and as a scriptwriter and ...more
- John Paul Cusack (born June 28, 1966) is an American actor, producer, and screenwriter. He began acting in films during the 1980s and has since starred in a number of movies, including Better Off ...more
- Jonathan Favreau (; born October 19, 1966) is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter. He is known for his work with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, directing and starring as Happy ...more
- John Clayton Mayer (; born October 16, 1977) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Mayer attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, but ...more
- John Christopher Reilly (born May 24, 1965) is an American actor, comedian, singer, voice actor, screenwriter, and producer who made his film debut in Brian De Palma's war film Casualties of War ...more
- John Gavin Malkovich (born December 9, 1953) is an American actor, producer, and fashion designer. He received Academy Award nominations for his performances in Places in the Heart (1984) and In the ...more
- John Phillip Stamos (born August 19, 1963) is an American actor, producer, musician, comedian and singer. He first gained recognition for his contract role as Blackie Parrish on the ABC television ...more
- John Quincy Adams ( (listen); July 11, 1767 – February 23, 1848) was an American statesman, diplomat, lawyer, and diarist who served as the sixth president of the United States from 1825 to 1829. He ...more
- John William Coltrane (September 23, 1926 – July 17, 1967) was an American jazz saxophonist and composer. Working in the bebop and hard bop idioms early in his career, Coltrane helped pioneer the use ...more
- John Chapman (September 26, 1774 – March 18, 1845), better known as Johnny Appleseed, was an American pioneer nurseryman who introduced apple trees to large parts of Pennsylvania, Ontario, Ohio, ...more
- John Sidney McCain III (August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018) was an American politician and military officer, who served as a United States senator from Arizona from January 1987 until his death. He ...more
- John Franklin Candy (October 31, 1950 – March 4, 1994) was a Canadian actor and comedian, known mainly for his work in Hollywood films. Candy rose to fame as a member of the Toronto branch of the ...more