List of famous people who died of capital punishment, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from capital punishment includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of capital punishment, including actors, musicians and athletes.
List features people like Che Guevara, John Wayne Gacy and more. Featuring famous death penalty cases and more, this list has it all.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from capital punishment?" and "Which famous people died due to capital punishment?"These notable capital punishment deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has capital punishment as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: Marco Crupi / FlickrErnesto "Che" Guevara, commonly known as el Che or simply Che, was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, guerrilla leader, diplomat, and military theorist. A major figure of the Cuban Revolution, his stylized visage has become a ubiquitous countercultural symbol of rebellion and global insignia in popular culture. As a young medical student, Guevara traveled throughout South America and was radicalized by the poverty, hunger, and disease he witnessed. His burgeoning desire to help overturn what he saw as the capitalist exploitation of Latin America by the United States prompted his involvement in Guatemala's social reforms under President Jacobo Árbenz, whose eventual... more
- Age: Dec. at 39 (1928-1967)
- Birthplace: Rosario, Argentina
- Photo: Wikipedia / Clark ProsecutorJohn Wayne Gacy (March 17, 1942 – May 10, 1994) was an American serial killer who raped, tortured and murdered at least 33 teenage boys and young men between 1972 and 1978 in Cook County, Illinois (a part of metropolitan Chicago). All of Gacy's known murders were committed inside his Norwood Park ranch house. His victims were typically induced to his address by force or deception, and all except one of his victims were murdered by either asphyxiation or strangulation with a makeshift garrote, as his first victim was stabbed to death. Gacy buried 26 of his victims in the crawl space of his home. Three other victims were buried elsewhere on his property, while the bodies of his last four... more
- Age: Dec. at 52 (1942-1994)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Theodore Robert Bundy (born Theodore Robert Cowell; November 24, 1946 – January 24, 1989) was an American serial killer and necrophile who kidnapped, raped, and murdered numerous young women and girls during the 1970s and possibly earlier. After more than a decade of denials, before his execution in 1989 he confessed to 30 homicides that he committed in seven states between 1974 and 1978. The true number of victims is unknown and possibly higher. Many of Bundy's young female victims regarded him as handsome and charismatic, traits that he exploited to win their trust. He would typically approach them in public places, feigning injury or disability, or impersonating an authority figure,... more
- Age: Dec. at 43 (1946-1989)
- Birthplace: Burlington, Vermont, United States of America
- Photo: flickr / CC0Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti (; Arabic: صدام حسين عبد المجيد التكريتي Ṣaddām Ḥusayn ʿAbd al-Maǧīd al-Tikrītī; 28 April 1937 – 30 December 2006) was President of Iraq from 16 July 1979 until 9 April 2003. A leading member of the revolutionary Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party, and later, the Baghdad-based Ba'ath Party and its regional organization the Iraqi Ba'ath Party—which espoused Ba'athism, a mix of Arab nationalism and socialism—Saddam played a key role in the 1968 coup (later referred to as the 17 July Revolution) that brought the party to power in Iraq. As vice president under the ailing General Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr, and at a time when many groups were considered capable of... more
- Age: Dec. at 69 (1937-2006)
- Birthplace: Al-Awja, Iraq