There are many famous people who died by gunshot - some people who got shot were beloved leaders and entertainers, while other are among the most terrible people in history. These celebrities who were shot to death are listed in no particular order, but the list includes biographical info, when available.
Among the names of famous people who were shot and killed includes Abraham Lincoln, Lee Harvey Oswald, and other notable gunshot deaths, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Some of the famous people who have been shot were the victims of historical assassinations. Others famous people were killed by their own hands, like the shotgun death suicide of Kurt Cobain - unless you believe these crazy conspiracy theories.
Everyone on this list of famous people killed has gunshot as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor.
Vanessa MarquezVanessa Marquez (December 21, 1968 – August 30, 2018) was an American actress. She was primarily known for her recurring role on the first three seasons of ER as nurse Wendy Goldman, as well as her role as Ana Delgado in the 1988 teacher drama Stand and Deliver.... more
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the nation through the American Civil War, its bloodiest war and its greatest moral, constitutional, and political crisis. He preserved the Union, abolished slavery, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the U.S. economy. Born in Kentucky, Lincoln grew up on the frontier in a poor family. Self-educated, he became a lawyer, Whig Party leader, Illinois state legislator and Congressman. In 1849, he left government to resume his law practice, but angered by the success of... more
- Age: Dec. at 56 (1809-1865)
- Birthplace: Hodgenville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY)Kurt Donald Cobain (February 20, 1967 – April 5, 1994) was an American singer, songwriter, and musician, best known as the guitarist and frontman of the rock band Nirvana. He is remembered as one of the most iconic and influential rock musicians in the history of alternative music. Born in Aberdeen, Washington, Cobain formed the band Nirvana with Krist Novoselic and Aaron Burckhard in 1987 and established it as part of the Seattle music scene which later became known as grunge. After signing with major label DGC Records, Nirvana found success with "Smells Like Teen Spirit" from their second album Nevermind (1991). Following the success of Nevermind, Nirvana was labelled "the flagship band"... more
- Age: Dec. at 27 (1967-1994)
- Birthplace: Aberdeen, Washington, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYTupac Amaru Shakur ( TOO-pahk shə-KOOR; born Lesane Parish Crooks, June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996), also known by his stage names 2Pac and Makaveli, was an American rapper and actor. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. Much of Shakur's work has been noted for addressing contemporary social issues that plagued inner cities, and he is considered a symbol of resistance and activism against inequality.Shakur was born in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City but relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1988. He later moved to Los Angeles in 1993 to further pursue his music career. By the time he released his debut album 2Pacalypse Now in 1991, he had... more
- Age: Dec. at 25 (1971-1996)
- Birthplace: East Harlem, New York City, New York, United States of America