List of famous people who died of heart failure, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from heart failure includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of heart failure, including actors, musicians and athletes.
List is made up of people like Elizabeth Taylor and Jim Morrison. Featuring celebrities with heart disease, celebs with terrible heart conditions, and more, this list has it all.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from heart failure?" and "Which famous people died due to heart failure?"These notable heart failure deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has heart failure as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: Featureflash / ShutterstockDame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor (February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011) was a British-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian. She began her career as a child actress in the early 1940s, and was one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s. She continued her career successfully into the 1960s, and remained a well-known public figure for the rest of her life. In 1999, the American Film Institute named her the seventh-greatest female screen legend. Born in London to socially prominent American parents, Taylor moved with her family to Los Angeles in 1939. She made her acting debut in a minor role in the Universal Pictures film There's One Born Every Minute... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1932-2011)
- Birthplace: Hampstead Garden Suburb, United Kingdom
- Photo: Deborah Feingold / Getty ImagesGeorge Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, author, and social critic. He was known for his black comedy and reflections on politics, the English language, psychology, religion, and various taboo subjects. He and his "seven dirty words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a 5–4 decision affirmed the government's power to regulate indecent material on the public airwaves. Widely regarded as one of the most important and influential American stand-up comics of all time, Carlin was dubbed by one newspaper to be "the dean of counterculture comedians".The first of Carlin's... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1937-2008)
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
- James Douglas Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971) was an American singer, songwriter and poet, who served as the lead vocalist of the rock band the Doors. Due to his poetic lyrics, distinctive voice, wild personality, unpredictable and erratic performances, and the dramatic circumstances surrounding his life and early death, Morrison is regarded by music critics and fans as one of the most iconic and influential frontmen in rock history. Since his death, his fame has endured as one of popular culture's most rebellious and oft-displayed icons, representing the generation gap and youth counterculture.Together with Ray Manzarek, Morrison co-founded the Doors during the summer of 1965 in... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 28 (1943-1971)
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Photo: Frank Trapper / Getty ImagesRiver Jude Phoenix (né Bottom; August 23, 1970 – October 31, 1993) was an American actor, musician, and animal activist. He was the older brother of Rain Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix, Liberty Phoenix, and Summer Phoenix. Phoenix's work encompassed 24 films and television appearances, and his rise to fame led to his status as a "teen idol". He began his acting career at age 10, in television commercials. He starred in the science fiction adventure film Explorers (1985), and had his first notable role in 1986's Stand by Me, a coming-of-age film based on the novella The Body by Stephen King. Phoenix made a transition into more adult-oriented roles with Running on Empty (1988), playing the son of... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 23 (1970-1993)
- Birthplace: Madras, Oregon, United States of America