List of famous people who died of hepatitis, listed by fame and notoriety with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from hepatitis includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of hepatitis, including actors, musicians and athletes.
List includes Chloe Jones, Danny Kaye, and Veronica Lake, plus much more.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from hepatitis?" and "Which famous people died due to hepatitis?"These notable hepatitis deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has hepatitis as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseVeronica Lake was an American actress who appeared in the film "Footsteps in the Snow." In June of 1973, Lake was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She died on on July 7, 1973 as the result of acute hepatitis and acute kidney injury.
- Age: Dec. at 51 (1922-1973)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Gender: Female
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYRay Charles was an American musician who was a leader in the soul genre. After years of drug and alcohol abuse, Charles died as a result of liver failure and hepatitis on June 10, 2004.Ray Charles Robinson (September 23, 1930 – June 10, 2004), professionally known as simply Ray Charles, was an American singer, songwriter, musician, and composer. Among friends and fellow musicians he preferred being called "Brother Ray". He was often referred to as "The Genius". Charles started losing his vision at the age of 5, and by 7 he was blind. He pioneered the soul music genre during the 1950s by combining blues, rhythm and blues, and gospel styles into the music he recorded for Atlantic. He contributed to the integration of country music, rhythm and blues, and pop music during the 1960s with his crossover success on ABC Records, notably with his two Modern Sounds albums. While he... more
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1930-2004)
- Birthplace: Albany, Georgia, United States of America
- Gender: Male
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYAdolphe Menjou was an American actor who appeared in the film "Paths of Glory." He died on October 29, 1963 due to complications with hepatitis. Menjou continued to work in television up until his death.
- Age: Dec. at 73 (1890-1963)
- Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Gender: Male
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYDanny Kaye was an American actor who appeared in the film "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." In 1983, Kaye contracted hepatitis C while undergoing heart surgery. He died on March 3, 1987 due to heart failure caused by internal bleeding as the result of hepatitis C.
- Age: Dec. at 74 (1913-1987)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Gender: Male