List of famous people who died of melanoma, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from melanoma includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of melanoma, including actors, musicians and athletes.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people in it, like Bob Marley, Glenn McQueen, and Stephen J. Cannell.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from melanoma?" and "Which famous people died due to melanoma?"These notable melanoma deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has melanoma as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Robert Nesta Marley, (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican singer and songwriter. Considered one of the pioneers of reggae, his musical career was marked by blending elements of reggae, ska, and rocksteady, as well as forging a smooth and distinctive vocal and songwriting style. Marley's contributions to music increased the visibility of Jamaican music worldwide, and made him a global figure in popular culture for over a decade.Born in Nine Mile, British Jamaica, Marley began his professional musical career in 1963, after forming Bob Marley and the Wailers. The group released its debut studio album The Wailing Wailers in 1965, which contained the single "One Love/People Get... more
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1945-1981)
- Birthplace: Nine Mile, Jamaica, Jamaica
- TV Writer Stephen J. Cannell was famous for creating some of the most iconic television series of the 70s and 80s including 21 Jump Street, The Rockford Files, The A-Team and many others. Cannell died in 2010 after complications with melanoma.
- Age: Dec. at 69 (1941-2010)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California
- Algis Budrys was a science fiction author whose award-winning work was seen in magazines, novels, and even film. In 2008 he passed away from complications from a malignant melanoma.Algirdas Jonas "Algis" Budrys (January 9, 1931 – June 9, 2008) was a Lithuanian-American science fiction author, editor, and critic. He was also known under the pen names Frank Mason, Alger Rome (in collaboration with Jerome Bixby), John A. Sentry, William Scarff, and Paul Janvier.... more
- Age: Dec. at 77 (1931-2008)
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Kaliningrad Oblast, Kaliningrad, Euroregion Baltic, Russia
- John Bunch was an American Jazz Pianist who worked closely with Tony Bennett for years while also developing his own catalog of jazz compositions. He was still an accomplished musician all the way up until his death due to a melanoma in 2010. He was 88 years-old.
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1921-2010)
- Birthplace: Tipton, Indiana