List of famous people who died in motorcycle accidents, including photos, birthdates, professions, and other information. These celebrities who died in motorcycle wrecks are listed alphabetically and include the famous motorcycle accident victims’ hometown and biographical info about them when available. Here are also celebs who died in car accidents and celebrities who died in plane crashes.
List features popular celebs like, Chad Woolery, Adam C. Taylor, Don Rich, Duane Allman, Diego Corrales, Shane Cross, Mitch Lucker, Steven Stayner, Lee Eon, Luc Bourdon, and more.
These notable motorcycle accident deaths include modern and long-gone famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has motorcycle accident as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain
T. E. Lawrence is probably most well-known by his nickname "Lawrence of Arabia," and the biographical film of the same name. He was a British officer who fought against the Ottoman Empire in the Arab Revolt.
Even after avoiding death in war, he still managed to meet his maker in a tragic motorcycle accident after swerving to avoid a boy on a bicycle.
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1888-1935)
- Birthplace: Tremadog, United Kingdom
- Profession: Military Officer, Writer
- Credits: Lawrence of Arabia
Duane Allman was one half of the 1970s rock band The Allman Brothers until his untimely death at age 24. On October 21, 1971, Allman swerved out of the way of a truck which stopped suddenly.
His motorcycle shot up in the air and landed on him, crushing him to death. The band continues to perform with the surviving brothers.
- Age: Dec. at 25 (1946-1971)
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee
- Profession: Guitarist, Songwriter, Musician
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)
Berry Oakley was a bassist for the classic rock band The Allman Brothers. Even though his fellow bandmember Duane Allman had died in a tragic motorcycle accident, he continued to ride his. After taking a sharp turn on November 11, 1972, only a few blocks from where Allman crashed, Oakley hit a city bus and fractured his skull.
He died three hours later. He left behind a son, Berry Duane Oakley, who is a musician as well.
- Age: Dec. at 24 (1948-1972)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
- Profession: Bassist, Musician
- Luc Bourdon was a professional hockey player for the Vancouver Canucks. On May 29, 2008 he was involved in a fatal motorcycle crash with a tractor trailer in which he was killed instantly. Investigators believe that the high winds along with his inexperience with motorcycles contributed to his death.
- Age: Dec. at 21 (1987-2008)
- Birthplace: Canada, Americas, Shippagan
- Profession: Ice Hockey Player