List of famous people who died of Parkinson's disease, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from Parkinson's disease includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of Parkinson's disease, including actors, musicians and athletes.
This list below has everything from Deborah Kerr to Pope John Paul II.
This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from Parkinson's disease?" and "Which famous people died due to Parkinson's disease?"These notable Parkinson's disease deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has Parkinson's disease as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: Mike McGrath / FlickrPope John Paul II (Latin: Ioannes Paulus II; Italian: Giovanni Paolo II; Polish: Jan Paweł II; born Karol Józef Wojtyła [ˈkarɔl ˈjuzɛv vɔjˈtɨwa]; 18 May 1920 – 2 April 2005) was the Pope of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State from 1978 to 2005. He was elected pope by the second Papal conclave of 1978, which was called after Pope John Paul I, who had been elected in August to succeed Pope Paul VI, died after 33 days. Cardinal Wojtyła was elected on the third day of the conclave and adopted the name of his predecessor in tribute to him. John Paul II is recognised as helping to end Communist rule in his native Poland and eventually all of Europe. John Paul II... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 85 (1920-2005)
- Birthplace: Wadowice, Poland
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainFrancisco Franco Bahamonde (; Spanish: [fɾanˈθisʲko ˈfɾaŋko]; 4 December 1892 – 20 November 1975) was a Spanish general and politician who ruled over Spain as Head of State and dictator under the title Caudillo from 1939, after the Nationalist victory in the Spanish Civil War, until his death in 1975. This period in Spanish history is commonly known as Francoist Spain or the Francoist dictatorship. Franco was born in Ferrol, Spain as the son of upper-class parents with strong connections to the Spanish Navy. Franco however joined the Spanish Army as a cadet in the Toledo Infantry Academy in 1907, graduating in 1910. He would go on to have a successful military career in Morocco and advanced... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1892-1975)
- Birthplace: Spain, Ferrol
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainGeorge Corley Wallace Jr. (August 25, 1919 – September 13, 1998) was the 45th Governor of Alabama, a position he occupied for four terms, during which he promoted "low-grade industrial development, low taxes, and trade schools". He sought the United States presidency as a Democrat three times, and once as an American Independent Party candidate, unsuccessfully each time. He is best remembered for his staunch segregationist and populist views. Wallace was known as "the most dangerous racist in America" and notoriously opposed desegregation and supported the policies of "Jim Crow" during the Civil Rights Movement, declaring in his 1963 inaugural address that he stood for "segregation now,... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 79 (1919-1998)
- Birthplace: Clio, Alabama, USA
- Deborah Jane Trimmer CBE (30 September 1921 – 16 October 2007), known professionally as Deborah Kerr (), was a Scottish-born film, theatre and television actress. During her international film career, she won a Golden Globe Award for her performance as Anna Leonowens in the musical film The King and I (1956) and a Sarah Siddons Award for her performance as Laura Reynolds in the play Tea and Sympathy (a role she originated on Broadway). She was also a three-time winner of the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress. Deborah Kerr was nominated six times for the Academy Award for Best Actress, and holds the record for an actress nominated in the lead actress category without... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 86 (1921-2007)
- Birthplace: Glasgow, United Kingdom