List of famous people who died of skin cancer, listed by fame and notoriety with photos when available. This list of celebrities who died from skin cancer includes information like the victim's hometown and other biographical information when available. Unfortunately many famous people's lives have been cut short because of skin cancer, including actors, musicians and athletes.
Everything from Bob Marley to Eva Cassidy is included on this list.This list answers the questions, "Which celebrities have died from skin cancer?" and "Which famous people died due to skin cancer?"These notable skin cancer deaths include modern and past famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has has skin cancer as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death.
- Photo: uploaded by PapaDemFlexBob Marley was a Jamaican musician who exposed a worldwide audience to the reggae genre. Marley was first diagnosed with skin cancer when a malignant melanoma was found under the nail of his toe. He ignored his doctor's recommendation that the toe be removed. The cancer eventually spread throughout his body and Marley died on May 11, 1981.
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1945-1981)
- Birthplace: Nine Mile, Jamaica, Jamaica
- Photo: flickr / CC0Burgess Meredith was an American actor who appeared in the "Rocky" film series. He died due to complications with melanoma on September 9, 1997. Meredith also suffered from Alzheimer's disease.
- Age: Died at 90 (1907-1997)
- Birthplace: USA, Cleveland, Ohio
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYThomas Anthony Dooley III was an American physician and humanitarian who frequently worked in Southeast Asia. He was diagnosed with cancer in 1960 and died from malignant melanoma on January 18, 1961.Thomas Anthony Dooley III (January 17, 1927 – January 18, 1961) was an American physician who worked in Southeast Asia at the outset of American involvement in the Vietnam War. While serving as a physician in the United States Navy and afterwards, he became celebrated for his humanitarian and anti-communist political activities up until his early death from cancer. After his death, the public learned that he had been recruited as an intelligence operative by the Central Intelligence Agency, and numerous descriptions of atrocities by the Viet Minh in his book Deliver Us From Evil had been fabricated. Dooley has been called "a key agent in the first disinformation campaign of the Vietnam... more
- Age: Dec. at 34 (1927-1961)
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYWilliam Moulton Marston was better known by his pen name Charles Moulton, which he used when creating the character of Wonder Woman. He died on May 2, 1947, after a brief battle with skin cancer.
- Age: Dec. at 54 (1893-1947)
- Birthplace: Saugus, Massachusetts