List of famous people who died of starvation, including photos, birthdates, professions, and other information. These celebrities who starved to death are listed alphabetically and include the famous starvation victims’ hometown and biographical info about them when available. Examples include Livilla and Mr Williams. These notable people who starved to death include modern and long-gone famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has starvation as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death. (20 People)
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useWorld-renowned Brazilian model, Ana Carolina Reston, became anorexic when someone commented that she was too fat while at a casting call. Two years later she died, weighing only 88 lbs at five feet eight inches. Her diet had consisted of only apples and tomatoes, and she had been hospitalized previously for kidney malfunctions due to her illness. She was twenty-one years old.
- Age: Dec. at 22 (1984-2006)
- Birthplace: Jundiaí, Brazil
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)2
Kurt GödelKurt Gödel was a mathematician, logician, and philosopher. Being obsessed with getting poisoned, Gödel refused to eat any food that his wife didn't cook for him. Unfortunately, she became ill and was hospitalized for six months, leaving Gödel to starve to death.
- Age: Dec. at 71 (1906-1978)
- Birthplace: Brno, Jihovýchod, Czech Republic
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useChristopher Johnson McCandless hiked into the Alaskan wilderness in 1992 in hopes of living off the land. He brought very little supplies, not including a compass, and didn't know the land. He killed some small animals such as geese and squirrels, and managed to kill a moose, but didn't preserve it well, and it went bad only a few days later. About three months into his adventure, McCandless decided to return to civilization, but couldn't cross the river he had crossed getting to his spot originally, as it had risen too high. Unfortunately, he didn't realize a hand-operated tram was just a quarter-mile from him. His body was found by a hunter two weeks after he died. He weighed just 66 lbs.
- Age: Dec. at 24 (1968-1992)
- Birthplace: El Segundo, California
- Bobby Sands was a member of the Provisional Irish Republican Army who led a hunger strike against the removal of the Special Category Status in British prisons. He died 66 days into his strike, with his death causing a national raucous. Rioting went on for several days afterwards in nationalist areas of Northern Ireland, and over 100,000 people attended his funeral in 1981.
- Age: Dec. at 27 (1954-1981)
- Birthplace: Newtownabbey, United Kingdom