List of famous people who were strangled to death, including photos, birthdates, professions, and other information. These celebrities who were strangled to death are listed alphabetically and include the famous strangling victims’ hometown and biographical info about them when available. A list made up of people like Kristin Weckler and Ruby Ordenana. These notable strangling deaths include modern and long-gone famous men and women, from politicians to religious leaders to writers. Everyone on this list has strangled to death as a cause of death somewhere in their public records, even if it was just one contributing factor for their death. (21 People)
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainPope Benedict VI (Latin: Benedictus VI; died June 974) was Pope from 19 January 973 to his death in 974. His brief pontificate occurred in the political context of the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire, during the transition between the reigns of German emperors Otto I and Otto II, incorporating the struggle for power of Roman aristocratic families such as the Crescentii and Tusculani.... more
- Birthplace: Rome, Italy
- Photo: user uploaded imageLucius Aelius Sejanus, alternatively spelled Seianus (June 3, 20 BC – October 18, AD 31), commonly known as Sejanus (), was an ambitious soldier, friend and confidant of the Roman Emperor Tiberius. An equestrian by birth, Sejanus rose to power as prefect of the Roman imperial bodyguard, known as the Praetorian Guard, of which he was commander from AD 14 until his death in AD 31. While the Praetorian Guard was formally established under Emperor Augustus, Sejanus introduced a number of reforms which saw the unit evolve beyond a mere bodyguard, into a powerful and influential branch of the government involved in public security, civil administration and ultimately political intercession; these... more
- Age: Dec. at 50 (19 BC-31)
- Birthplace: Volsinii
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Lindsay Hawker was a British woman working as an English teacher in Japan when a man she met briefly for English lessons tied, beat, and strangled her. He buried her body in sand in his bathtub until it was found by police a few days later.
- Birthplace: England, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)8
Kelsey SmithKelsey Smith was strangled to death on June 2, 2007, by a man named Edwin Hall. She was buying her boyfriend a present at the time of her disappearance, and he body was not found until 4 days later. Hall received life in prison.
- Age: Dec. at 18 (1989-2007)