List of famous people who are part-Asian, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. Every year, more and more people are born to parents of different races. Some very famous people have one Asian parent and one parent of a different race and ethnicity. Many of these celebs identify with both of their unique cultures. Several half-Asian celebrities have went on to have successful careers in film, music, and sports.
Who is the most famous part-Asian celebrities? Tiger Woods's mother is of Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry, and his father is mostly African American, but he is also Caucasian, and possibly Native American and Chinese. Bruno Mars is another famous man with an Asian mother. The singer's mother is Filipino and his father is half Puerto Rican and half Jewish. Another mixed celebrity is model Chanel Iman, who is half Korean and half black. Other musicians with a half-Asian background include Karen O, apl.de.ap and Norah Jones. Some actors and actresses like Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Elizabeth Shannon also have one Asian parent. There are also stars like Kristen Kreuk, who are half-Asian and half-White.
Do you think that being biracial is an advantage or a disadvantage in today's society? Obviously there are many super-talented biracial celebs out there and many people of two races are thought to be some of the hottest celebrities. Featuring Eurasian celebs, half white celebrities, and more, this list has a mix of famous biracial people. Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Chanel Iman's mother China Robinson is Korean and African-American, and her father George "Tic" Price is African-American.
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Cassie's mother Stacey Hobson is of African-American, Mexican, and West Indian descent, and her father is Filipino.
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: New London, Connecticut, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Norah Jones's mother Sue Jones is Caucasian Anglo-American, and her father Ravi Shankar is Indian.
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar's mother Pauline van den Brink is of Dutch-Indonesian descent and is from Bali, and his father Hans is of Dutch Jewish and German descent.
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Panorama City, California, USA